unRaid Web Gui (Solved)

HI all.

I have been asked by somebody on the general forum to post this here, because I am currently running V5.b6, however I did point out that if I try V4.7 I still have the same problem.

I have an ASUS M4A78LT-M LE motherboard with an Athlon II XS2 256 processor and 4Gig ram. The problem is that the unRaid web gui is painfully slow most of the time. Any selection you make eg settings etc returns a loading message to the browser and can take up to 5 mins to return the page requested. The web server hasn't hung just going very very slow. The network interface as far as file delivery seems to be fine, plus the unMenu web interface hasn't exhibited the problem at all.

At someones suggestion I disabled the onboard NIC and tried a PCIe Realtek based card with exactly the same problem. The problem occurs with all main web browsers (Chrome, IE, Firefox) and on different PCs. Being a complete linnux novice I am open to any help.

Syslog attached

Regards

Wayne

syslog-2011-03-11.txt

• 3 weeks later...

I am fairly sure this problem has been resolved. While investigating high upload internet data found that Google search bots were interrogating the box regularly. I had opened up a port on the ADSL modem way back in early March (about the time the problem started)for a colleague to have a look at the unraid settings, and had forgotten to close it. Having now shut this, the web interface hasn't missed a beat. (Also my high upload data has disappeared).

Archived