unRAID on older system with no usb boot

boosted

I have an older dual P3 board, Acorp A815EPD I think.  It does not boot to USB.  I searched around this forum and found that I need to use a kicker to boot off floppy then redirect to usb.  The problem is, I tried all 3 of the floppy images as well as different autoexec.bat and config.sys configurations, it always end up with some sort of error during boot.  I also only have an USB floppy, so I've been having to mod the boot disk, burn a bootable CD using that boot disk from an XP box, then boot the old box using the CD.  I've got 6 trashed CD-R so far.  Does anyone have a kicker configuration that is known to be working?  The USB stick I'm using is a Sandisk Cruzer micro 128mb.

It might help if you posted the error messages and perhaps told us more about the hardware configuration.

Thanks for the reply.  The error messages were mostly the same "Can't Open Kernel File".  I do have one that said something different, I have an actualy "screen shot" that I can post later.  Harwareconfiguration, well, just trying to get it to boot, so nothing really.    Dual 1 ghz p3 with a netgear nic that I'm swapping out with an Intel pro 1000.  The MB comes with onboard Promise RAID but it's disabled.  No floppy, using a DVD-rom to boot off of a bootable CD on IDE channel.  No HD installed at the moment.  Just trying to get it to boot.

Archived