having issues connecting Community Applications

i am having issues connecting Community Applications. i am getting this error when trying to connect.

Community Applications requires your server to have internet access. The most common cause of this failure is a failure to resolve DNS addresses. You can try and reset your modem and router to fix this issue, or set static DNS addresses (Settings - Network Settings) of 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 and try again.

Alternatively, there is also a chance that the server handling the application feed is temporarily down.

Last JSON error Recorded: Syntax error

i have a vm running that is bind to the same network and having no problems connecting to the internet with it. thanks for any help 

• JorgeB locked this topic
  • JorgeB unlocked this topic
  • 2 years later...
On 6/30/2021 at 5:50 AM, JorgeB said:

Please use the existing plugin support thread:

I get the need to keep things in their place but when you are new to forums and unraid and all, being directed to a thread with 166 pages is way to overwhelming. This exact issue is all over the forums as I keep reading about it trying to fix my same issue but searching through that thread is an exercise in madness. Wouldn't it be fair to say community plugins, as big a thing as it is, needs more than a single thread?