Read errors + more on read check

Hi, parity sync finished after nearly 16 hours. I've attached the latest diags. What worries me is the the new drive (Disk 1ST8000VN004-2M2101_WSD0MT7X - 8 TB (sdc)) is already showing errors and that the 6TB had 588 errors during parity sync. 

Question 1: should I return the new disk and ask for a replacement (hopefully without errors)?

Question 2: do these parity sync errors on 588 have any repercussions on the state of the array?

Thanks

nas-diagnostics-20210704-0620.zip

2 hours ago, Sander de Ruiter said:

What worries me is the the new drive (Disk 1ST8000VN004-2M2101_WSD0MT7X - 8 TB (sdc)) is already showing errors

That disk is already showing a lot of pending sectors, it should be replaced.

2 hours ago, Sander de Ruiter said:

Question 2: do these parity sync errors on 588 have any repercussions on the state of the array?

Errors on disk2 look more like a power/connection problem, replace cables and rebuild disk1 again to a new disk.

Well, not sure if I'm just unlucky, or something else. 

Two days ago the replacement 8TB arrived. I've swapped the new one for the faulty one, made sure all connections on the board and drives were sound, and started rebuilding the array. Done after 16 hours, no errors reported.

The array has performed without reporting errors for 1 day, and just now I woke up to:

Unraid Disk 2 error: 08-07-2021 06:11

Alert [NAS] - Disk 2 in error state (disk dsbl)
ST6000DM003-2CY186_ZF2032KA (sde)

I've attached the logs again, but I'm really at a loss here. 

nas-diagnostics-20210708-0756.zip

This time is was a controller problem, it affected all disks:

Jul  8 02:25:02 NAS kernel: ahci 0000:01:00.1: AMD-Vi: Event logged [IO_PAGE_FAULT domain=0x0007 address=0xccebc000 flags=0x0000]
Jul  8 02:25:02 NAS kernel: ahci 0000:01:00.1: AMD-Vi: Event logged [IO_PAGE_FAULT domain=0x0007 address=0xccebc480 flags=0x0000]

This is quite common with some Ryzen boards, look for a BIOS update or use an add-on controller.

38 minutes ago, Sander de Ruiter said:

disk2 is disabled and contents are emulated. How can I restore disk2 to a normal state (if that is the right thing to do, given it was a controller problem)?

The process is covered here in the online documentation that can be accessed via the Manual link at the bottom of the Unraid GUI.