[Plugin] Prometheus unRAID Plugins

5 minutes ago, ich777 said:

May I ask if you got Docker containers that are running in bridge and some in br0 mode and if you have enabled host acces in the Docker settings?

Hi,

A do have Docker containers in bridge mode. Im not sure how to see if they are in br0 mode? (Host mode?)

However I do not have Host access to custom networks enabled.

I think my problem is either related to my Ryzen CPU or perhaps Nvidia GPU. But I tried setting the BIOS power settings according to multiple posts in the forum but it did not make a difference. The server kept crashing ever 1-3 days. Sometimes multiple times a day. After downgrading to 6.9.0-rc2 the crashing stopped.

16 hours ago, ich777 said:

Please give it a little time to pick up the data and make sure the exporter is running in the plugin page.

PiHole can take a little to update if you configured it for the first time.

I gave it overnight and still no dice. It looks like its not getting any data to Grafana at all even though I can see that the plugin is working fine

11 minutes ago, stelks said:

I gave it overnight and still no dice. It looks like its not getting any data to Grafana at all even though I can see that the plugin is working fine

Can you go to Prometheus and click on the URL from your PiHole Exporter? Do you get any output?

Eventually try to delete and reimport the Dashbaord again.

Just checked mine and it works fine:

grafik.thumb.png.60b172dd43a9ef4581155d28d01abd26.png

27 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Can you go to Prometheus and click on the URL from your PiHole Exporter? Do you get any output?

Eventually try to delete and reimport the Dashbaord again.

Here is what I get if I go to Prometheus and click the URL from the Exporter:

image.thumb.png.18aa59f362befe40fffec5e1ff05f12d.png

I can tell its working as the numbers are right:

image.thumb.png.62f876d82a293128ea13e6fd13abdac6.png

I just deleted the dashboard and reimported it again. Still saying no data, but Ill give it some time again as you said before it can take a bit.

Edited by stelks
18 minutes ago, stelks said:

Still saying no data, but Ill give it some time again as you said before it can take a bit.

Can you go to the none working dashboard, hover over the titlec frome one graph, click the little down arrow, then Edit, then a new windows should pop up, click on Query inspector and click on Refresh from the sidebar that pops up and see if you got any data in the graph, if you don't have the Edit button from the dropdown you have to make the Dashboard editable by clicking on the little gear icon on top and click make editable and go back to the dashboard again.

Are you also tried that you've restarted Grafana once?

The data should be there imediately.

32 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Can you go to the none working dashboard, hover over the titlec frome one graph, click the little down arrow, then Edit, then a new windows should pop up, click on Query inspector and click on Refresh from the sidebar that pops up and see if you got any data in the graph, if you don't have the Edit button from the dropdown you have to make the Dashboard editable by clicking on the little gear icon on top and click make editable and go back to the dashboard again.

Are you also tried that you've restarted Grafana once?

The data should be there imediately.

So I think I found the issue. After following your directions the Query inspector gives me the following: image.png.9267fae5c7ee06065999dc5c81a2e55e.png

But then I noticed that it is trying to pull from Telegraf: 

image.png.1d8ff03c59a9301e58528092f7af189a.png

I can change that to Prometheus and nothing happens still. I have deleted the dashboard a few times and dont see a place to enter what data source to pull from globally for the dashboard.

Any idea why it is selecting Telegraf instead of Prometheus for all of these?

Thanks again. You have been a big help

43 minutes ago, stelks said:

Discovering the root cause is half the battle :)

I think the main issue is that in the template is no Datasource defined and it takes always the first one that's available.

To fix this, at least I think, click on the Gear icon on the PiHole Dashboard, then click on JSON Model, press CTRL +F and click on the little down arrow and enter at the top:

"datasource": null,

and on the bottom:

"datasource": "Prometheus",

and then click on the second symbol in the second row to replace all occurrences and after that make sure that you click on Save changes and then also on the left side Save dashboard:

grafik.thumb.png.01d988a3ec23fb6399e7b93795eec2ad.png

Please report back if it works.

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, Masterwishx said:

@ich777 is the way of data monitoring with prometeus is more useful or have advanteges than other like in Ultimate Unraid Dashboard with telegraf?

That's a thing I can't answer because you have to tell if you can monitor all things that are important for you with Prometheus.

My approach is a little different since I try to only use Prometheus and running the necessary plugins directly on unRAID with minimal configuration as possible and keep the load under control, most people forget that monitoring all or much things on a host can actually use also much or more power.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ich777 said:

use also much or more power

Yes , you right 100% , for now im running unraid on i5 only 4 core ,24gb , so im also want monitor only what needed , also having some dockers runs, but really didnt checked yet what tool best for me and how much power will take to monitor all staff of unraid .

So for now native dashboard is good for me , msi afterburner and adguard is very interested to monitor for me for now ...

howere adguard also have own dashboard....

Edited by Masterwishx

@ich777 Maybe you know Hard Disk Sentinel program for HDD Disks monitoring for Win   https://www.hdsentinel.com/

( Hard Disk Sentinel (HDSentinel) is a multi-OS SSD and HDD monitoring and analysis software)

im using it (Hard Disk Sentinel Linux Edition (FREE) in unraid to generate report.html of all disk and can monitor it like NAS in my main comp with Win System. maybe it will be interesting to you for disk monitoring , its more informative than smartctl i think ... 

https://www.hdsentinel.com/hdslin/hdsentinel-019c-x64.gz

Edited by Masterwishx
9 minutes ago, Masterwishx said:

@ich777 Maybe you know Hard Disk Sentinel program for HDD Disks monitoring for Win   https://www.hdsentinel.com/

( Hard Disk Sentinel (HDSentinel) is a multi-OS SSD and HDD monitoring and analysis software)

im using it (Hard Disk Sentinel Linux Edition (FREE) in unraid to generate report.html of all disk and can monitor it like NAS in my main comp with Win System. maybe it will be interesting to you for disk monitoring , its more informative than smartctl i think ... 

https://www.hdsentinel.com/hdslin/hdsentinel-019c-x64.gz

Why? Eventually I will add something in the future because smartctl is already available on unRAID to monitor the disks.