[Plugin] Prometheus unRAID Plugins

thanks for y our reply. 

yes, when I start the Explorer plugin it starts, runs for about 10 minutes and then it stops. 

Pihole runs on Unraid. 

Even with the services running, I dont get any data from the Pihole in Grafana: 

image.thumb.png.4c36806480ce202473ca25daffdb4183.png
Please check that nothing is stopping the PiHole container or restarting it since this can cause issues.

As said, the Exporter runs as long as PiHole is running and the Exporter will stop when PiHole is stopped/restarted.

Maybe check also the Docker logs from your PiHole container and also the syslog if you see anything suspicious.

Also try to click on the URL in Prometheus for the PiHole Exporter and see what the output is.
Have you enabled Host access if you run this container on the custom br0 network?

Sent from my C64

On 10/14/2021 at 7:11 AM, ich777 said:

Please check that nothing is stopping the PiHole container or restarting it since this can cause issues.

As said, the Exporter runs as long as PiHole is running and the Exporter will stop when PiHole is stopped/restarted.

Maybe check also the Docker logs from your PiHole container and also the syslog if you see anything suspicious.

Also try to click on the URL in Prometheus for the PiHole Exporter and see what the output is.
Have you enabled Host access if you run this container on the custom br0 network?

Sent from my C64

the Pihole Container has 27hrs uptime so the 10 minute shut down interval is not caused by the Pihole docker restarting. 

Host Access is enabled on the Docker configuration page, before I enabled it I couldn't get Prometheus to connect to it. 

When I click the link in Prometheus for Pihole Explorer, it goes to the metrics site with all the parameters as long as the PiHole explorer is running. Grafana still doesnt pull any data though. 

with my limited knowledge, I don't see anything obvious in the logs I'm afraid.  The standard Grafana dashboard works OK.  

On 10/15/2021 at 11:03 PM, ich777 said:

Have you installed a Influx DB or something similar too?

Is it now showing as "UP" in the Prometheus dashboard?

no, I'm not running any DB containers, my setup is fairly simple. 

yes, it stays UP for about 10 minutes, then it stops. 

I might try the Nvidia one as well just to try to isolate the issue. 

1 minute ago, daan_SVK said:

I might try the Nvidia one as well just to try to isolate the issue. 

You can at least try it but it works completely different than the PiHole one.

But it seems to me that there has to be some kind of network issue otherwise it won't stop working.

@ich777 The fritz exporter doesn't send data to my dashboard.
I followed the instructions and i double checked all. 

In the metrics data is some stuff, but i can't see "Fritzbox Uptime" "Connection Uptime" and so on.....

The Grafana Dashboard shows me nothing (No data, N/A)

Fritzbox OS 07.28

Fritzbox 4040

On the otherside the Adguard Exporter works well.

I hope you or someone can help me.

greetings

15 minutes ago, MintMZS said:

I hope you or someone can help me.

theres not so much todo ...

may start with

user with password added ? (pass only wont work afaik, you need a user in your Fritz)

image.png.9705be060a79cf6375d1bc36854e001e.png

next step would be if the plugin is running, look at the metrics (unraid ip ...)

image.thumb.png.57cf10f5cd308ceb6f73f940145bcde8.png

if that fits then i would look further in grafana ...

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, alturismo said:

user with password added ? (pass only wont work afaik, you need a user in your Fritz)

yeah a user with password is added. i followed the instructions and i have metrics.

But in the metrics there is no gateway_data or something else, all i have is go_gc or go_memstats..... should i put this to grafana?

fritzbox metrics.PNG

2 minutes ago, Masterwishx said:

@ich777 

i founded to add S.M.A.R.T dashboard i need to add --collector.textfile.directory to node exporter ,where exacly i can add it ?

Edit the file: '/boot/config/plugins/prometheus_node_exporter/settings.cfg' so that it looks like:

start_parameters=--collector.textfile.directory

After that, restart unRAID.

But what will this command do? I don't think that is the right command...

I already played around with an additional exporter for SMART for the Node Exporter but it ultimately broke HDD sleep in unRAID.

19 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Edit the file: '/boot/config/plugins/prometheus_node_exporter/settings.cfg' so that it looks like:

start_parameters=--collector.textfile.directory

After that, restart unRAID.

But what will this command do? I don't think that is the right command...

I already played around with an additional exporter for SMART for the Node Exporter but it ultimately broke HDD sleep in unRAID.

Thanks, i whant to try this https://grafana.com/grafana/dashboards/13654

https://github.com/olegeech-me/S.M.A.R.T-disk-monitoring-for-Prometheus

11 minutes ago, Masterwishx said:

I would recommend to try this, this is a plugin that I don't released yet because it breaks sleep.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ich777/unraid-prometheus_smartctl_exporter/master/prometheus_smartctl_exporter.plg

These would be two dashboards for Grafana: Click & Click

Repo: Click

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Masterwishx said:

Yes its working with this dashboard https://grafana.com/grafana/dashboards/13654

Thanks again

I have updated the post above with two dashboards, please report back if you experience any problems and if spindown is working correctly.

Have tried to modify the Exporter a bit to support NVMEs but since I don't have much time right now I haven't looked into it if everything is working properly.

• Like 1

@ich777 Hi , i set default spin down for 15min, and using for now smart dashbord 13654 , i can see 3 unnasigned disks is spined down and not wake up for smart, 2 array disks is not spined down, having some reads.  i will check it more and will  let you know if some changes...

(Usually im using HDSentinel for monitoring my main windows disks , also nas unraid disks ) 

will be cool to see GUI like in HDsentinlel in Grafana...

• Like 1

@ich777

after some time checked and see that some read smart is awaked spinned down disks..

i dont really know what is this smart mean ,

unraid smart is every 30min i think , prometheus_smartctl_exporter is set every 2min

and i have HDsentinel user script making smart to html file every 10 min...

So i disabled spin down for now and will check it later again ...

810607313_02.thumb.jpg.1b408a769d3b6f2d161cfb28b162bcec.jpg

51 minutes ago, Masterwishx said:

after some time checked and see that some read smart is awaked spinned down disks..

Maybe check if something is accessing the disk. To what schedule is your mover set, does something like Emby/Jellyfin/Plex do schedules scans on your disks for new media?

• Like 1
On 10/27/2021 at 4:24 PM, MintMZS said:

yeah a user with password is added. i followed the instructions and i have metrics.

But in the metrics there is no gateway_data or something else, all i have is go_gc or go_memstats..... should i put this to grafana?

fritzbox metrics.PNG

thanks for the help ;)

thanks for the help
Does it work now, I'm really sorry, I can't help since I have no Fritzbox...

If you still have problems I would recommend to visit the maintainers Github and create an issue there: https://github.com/sberk42/fritzbox_exporter

From what I see in the Exporter some values are reported but not all.

It is also possible that this Fritzbox is not supported or at least not fully supported.

Sent from my C64

16 hours ago, ich777 said:

Maybe check if something is accessing the disk. To what schedule is your mover set, does something like Emby/Jellyfin/Plex do schedules scans on your disks for new media?

The mover is every 6 hours , airsonic-advanced once in a day, but i have photoprism import and index every 15 mins, also nextcloud using.

but import folder is on cache - yes , also nextcloud and all they all using one disk only.

and what is read SMART command in log ? its not belong to really smart reading?

anyway i changed photoprism import and index to 4 hours and will check it again later....

18 hours ago, ich777 said:

Does it work now, I'm really sorry, I can't help since I have no Fritzbox...

If you still have problems I would recommend to visit the maintainers Github and create an issue there: https://github.com/sberk42/fritzbox_exporter

From what I see in the Exporter some values are reported but not all.

It is also possible that this Fritzbox is not supported or at least not fully supported.

Sent from my C64

Oh, OK i didnt know that.....
Thanks for the link.

I had found in a other forum that maybe the 4040 FritzBox wont work, with luck some people runs it with all metrics.

So no problem in the near future i will replace the FritzBox maybe with an OPNSense.

• Like 1