[Plugin] Prometheus unRAID Plugins

On 7/3/2021 at 4:25 PM, ich777 said:

ATTENTION

Please note if you restart your PiHole container the Exporter will stop and you have to manually start it from the plugin configuration page with the "START" button.

This is also applies if you have CA Backup installed and the container is beeing backed up.

To workaround that you don't have to manually restart it after each CA Backup do the following steps:

1. Go to Settings and click on the bottom on "Backup/Restore Appdata":
    grafik.png.0045d5a3871d1f5740fcca147981c1a1.png

2. Confirm the Warning that pops up and scroll all the way down to the bottom and click on "Show Advanced Settings":
    grafik.png.9efa350bcd19143bc41507d2df57e09b.png

3. At Pi-Hole make sure that you click on the switch so that it shows "Don't Stop":
    grafik.png.70506f1b2641d2d30f837561a74bbc72.png

4. Scroll down to the bottom and click "Apply":
    grafik.png.15a5a572f5ca76bdf74d3581679ca1df.png

Quick question: is there a command to manually enable the pihole exporter?
I see, that i can add a custom start script to the backup tool - could I use this to enable the exporter after restarting pihole?

image.thumb.png.e52854c64d8941bfd3410c5f39cfeac1.png

21 hours ago, ich777 said:

Does the exporter stop after you've restarted PiHole?

No it seems to keep running - I'm sorry. I understood from your guide, that I need to make sure to manually start the exporter again. But if i stop PiHole and then start it again, the exporter seemed to stay awake.

32 minutes ago, zAch523 said:

No it seems to keep running - I'm sorry. I understood from your guide, that I need to make sure to manually start the exporter again. But if i stop PiHole and then start it again, the exporter seemed to stay awake.

I will look into that and hack together a script for you if that's good enough...

EDIT: Ah wait, that's not possible, that's a Docker container or am I wrong? The script need to run directly on the server and not from a Docker container.

• 2 weeks later...

@ich777 i added some values (fans RPM,some Temperatures, etc) from HWinfo to Afterburner and they exported OK.

but the problem with Watts,Voltage,Current from PSU :

image.thumb.png.db9b0d5c3d881dbb61db974d63b5548d.png

we have 3.3V - 5V - 12V and same for current and watts, but exporter export all tree units for same name afterburner_v_v 

so we can choose only one of 3 units...

can it be fixed somehow maybe in afterburner setting? or its exporter problem ?

expoter dont take the name from afterburner ?

other staff added like temperatures and fans working well .

• 4 weeks later...

Hey @ich777, thanks for supporting these plugins! I recently tried out the smartctl exporter and opened a PR for more NVMe data: https://github.com/ich777/unraid-prometheus_smartctl_exporter/pull/1

May I ask why you never released the plugin? It works fine for me. I read the comments about spinning up sleeping disks, which is not a problem for me. Is that the only reason? I saw some code that should avoid this, so I assume this was already fixed? I think its a fine addition to the plugin list!

9 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I already saw that bit haven‘t got the chance to go through all of that, will review it shortly and answer on GitHub if that‘s fine for you. :)

Of course, no rush! I wasn't sure if you'd rather like to handle contributions here or on Github, so I decided to… uhh, spam, I guess… sorry about that :D

• Haha 1

@ich777

Have you heard any new issues from other people here that the Prometheus Pi-Hole Exported is not working?

For some context, I had the exporter configured and shipping metrics to Prometheus and Grafana. My server crashed earlier this week and now the exporter will no longer start with the same config I had set before. I've reinstalled both the Pi-Hole app and the exported plugin with no luck.

Current config:

Pi-Hole Exporter

- Pi-Hole static IP address, br0 (can see it on my network)

- port 80

- New API key from fresh install

Prometheus yml:

- unraid IP address :9617

The service will start if I set the exporter Pi-Hole host IP to my servers IP but will not work if I set it to the Pi-Holes static IP. Makes me think there is some issue with host access even though it is set to, "enabled" in the docker setting.

Any idea on what might be going on here?

Edited by DEZ
51 minutes ago, DEZ said:

Have you heard any new issues from other people here that the Prometheus Pi-Hole Exported is not working?

Not yet.

52 minutes ago, DEZ said:

The service will start if I set the exporter Pi-Hole host IP to my servers IP but will not work if I set it to the Pi-Holes static IP.

Do you run PiHole in a Docker container on br0 correct?

52 minutes ago, DEZ said:

Makes me think there is some issue with host access even though it is set to, "enabled" in the docker setting.

Have you tried to restart the Docker service yet (Disable it and Enable it again).

3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Not yet.

Do you run PiHole in a Docker container on br0 correct?

Have you tried to restart the Docker service yet (Disable it and Enable it again).

Thanks for the fast reply! 

Correct, Pi-Hole is run in a Docker container on br0.

Yes, I've disabled and enabled the docker service but still same issue.

I'm going to restart the server and see if that takes care of the issue, I'll report back if anything changes.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@ich777 I submitted a pull request against the smartctl exporter textfile collector. There was a spelling mistake in the one nested if conditional when checking node_exporters settings.cfg causing it to always return null. I also did some minor bash syntax cleanup in that nested IF.

Also wondering did you have any plans to update node-exporter to 1.5.0 and would be open to a pull request to enable the cpu info collector by default?