Only getting around 50MB/s during parity rebuild?

If you have more than one Lsi card in the system you can’t have the boot bios on the cards. They fight with each other and what you are describing happens.

You don’t need the boot bios unless you are booting Off a hard drive on the lsi controller. But you’re booting from USB so that is never required.

You simply erase the bios from each card.

If you have one lsi card in the system it’s fine but this behaviour happens with more than one. Sometimes the system can run for an hour before having a heap of issues read errors on drives and slow transfer speeds.

7 minutes ago, Maticks said:

If you have more than one Lsi card in the system you can’t have the boot bios on the cards. They fight with each other and what you are describing happens.

You don’t need the boot bios unless you are booting Off a hard drive on the lsi controller. But you’re booting from USB so that is never required.

You simply erase the bios from each card.

If you have one lsi card in the system it’s fine but this behaviour happens with more than one. Sometimes the system can run for an hour before having a heap of issues read errors on drives and slow transfer speeds.

I only have one card in the system. But thanks for the info! I'm sure that will come in handy later on. I'm currently checking each port on the LSI card with single link to the expander. I have also tried different pcie slots. Next is replacing the mini sas cables between the controller and expander?

I have noticed that the crc errors show up at the 30 minute mark when doing a parity check. Does unraid check this at 30 minute intervals?