Shinobi Docker from dockerhub

Gday all,

Since the dockers from shinobi are fairly outdated or the support is lacking, i figured i would install the docker from dockerhub directly.

So far so good, i got the docker up and running, can access my camera's, can set up motion detections etc.

However, i'm running into issues setting up for example tensorflow or hardware accelerated en/decoding, let alone how to point the docker to a proper save location.

This is ofcourse partly due to my lack of knowledge on commandline configuration, however the docker supplies a plugin manager.

So the question is. How would i set these things up using the plugin manager? How do i 'change' the location of the footage?

Is there perhaps a good video tutorial i can use?

Hope someone can help me!

Edited by Caennanu

If you are unable to build your own image and install the plugins via command line, my suggestion would be that you try something else.

The shinobi Gui plugin manager doesn't work and in fact the plugins themselves work partially.

Take a look at Frigate; it's actively developed and what it currently does it does very well.

Alternatively go with zoneminder. 

Just now, juan11perez said:

If you are unable to build your own image and install the plugins via command line, my suggestion would be that you try something else.

The shinobi Gui plugin manager doesn't work and in fact the plugins themselves work partially.

Take a look at Frigate; it's actively developed and what it currently does it does very well.

Alternatively go with zoneminder. 

Not saying i'm unable, just don't know how, or in other words i need guidance.

The official support page shows commandline configurations from a commandline directly into a linux kernel, which isn't what i'm doing with unraid. I know how i can open up the CLI, know some basic commands, but that is about it.

I am currently testing zoneminder, haven't figured it out yet, as in i seem to only be getting a crapload of pictures instead of actual video's (now pictures work too . ..  in a way). But i haven't really had time to dive into it just yet.

Have just looked up frigate. And from the description i can already tell i'd have an issue with it. For one the detection area is using squares for region's, which is going to be absolutely tedious to set up, since i'm on a small farm, and the only thing actually being somewhat square is the driveway, and due to regulations in regards to privacy, i'm not allowed to record public roads for example. But the way camera's work, it can never be a square as the vision is always more like a cone regardless of position of a camera. And at the same time, it has no motion detection which is a must have feature for me (monitoring horses for example). So for now that's a no go.