[SOLVED] Unmountable: Unsupported partition layout

hello there

i've already tried to search, and there are similar topics, but none fits my issue

then I've also already postet in the german support section, but it seems not the right spot because nobody seems to be able to help (I'm very sorry that I'm this intrusive)

here is my other post with also included diagnostics:

my unraid server had a pcie sas raid card which i replaced with a sas hba, the affected disks were connected as jbod on the raid card which is to my knowledge the same as a hba does (?)

now i have the problem, that all my array disks show up as "Unmountable: Unsupported partition layout"

what i've already tried:

• mount the disks with unassigned deviced plugin -> works, filesystem xfs is recognized and i can see my data
  • xfs repair in maintenance mode with -L flag -> does find the superblock and clears a log (?), but unfortunately disks stay unmountable

i've testet this prior with one single drive of the array, checked if the data is ok with "ud" plugin and started up the array, this one drive was then mountable

unfortunately, after i performed the actions on the other drives, the status of them does not change and the one drive which has functioned, is now showing up as "Unmountable: not mounted"

i am at the end of what i was able to find and as my knowledge of linux and therefore unraid is very limited as i am a windows user i hope that someone here can help me get my data back

thanks in advance!

~d8

9 hours ago, der8ertl said:

the affected disks were connected as jbod on the raid card which is to my knowledge the same as a hba does (?)

It's not, generally RAID controllers don't expose the full disk capacity, they can reserve a few bytes, then Unraid will complain that the partition isn't using the full disk, solution it to rebuild one disk at a time so the new partitions can be recreated (or format them and restore data from backups):

• Thanks 1
  • der8ertl changed the title to [SOLVED] Unmountable: Unsupported partition layout