How to KILL a docker container?

Hello

I am using the plexinc/pms-docker  and it is becoming unresponsive after about a day of uptime.   I am not asking for Plex support.

The Unraid GUI will not shutdown the docker.   Unraid tries but is not successful.   The last two times I shutdown Unraid using GUI or cmd line it did not go all the way down and I needed to power cycle the server.    Required parity check when I boot.

All I want to know  --->    How do I KILL the Plex docker ?

Thank you

No luck with that, but that command is interesting.

'docker ps'   confirms the name of the docker image.

'docker kill --signal=SIGINT PlexMediaServer'    had zero impact.

'docker kill PlexMediaServer'      does not return.    Control-C  is required to get the command prompt back.

I have also had the problem a few times that the Docker service did not stop because a container did not want to kill itself. I have also tried to do this manually and have never been able to successfully kill a Docker container manually. I have also used docker kill containername with no success. I then had to manually unplug my Unraid server, which is really suboptimal. It's good that rebooting worked around the problem for you, however it's not a real solution. 

Has anyone else experienced this and can either confirm that docker kill worked for them or what the correct solution was? Because I would like to know if it is a problem on my machine or a general unraid problem.

Edited by Skylinar
beautify
  • Upvote 1
  • 5 months later...
On 7/14/2021 at 11:54 AM, Skylinar said:

I have also had the problem a few times that the Docker service did not stop because a container did not want to kill itself. I have also tried to do this manually and have never been able to successfully kill a Docker container manually. I have also used docker kill containername with no success. I then had to manually unplug my Unraid server, which is really suboptimal. It's good that rebooting worked around the problem for you, however it's not a real solution. 

Has anyone else experienced this and can either confirm that docker kill worked for them or what the correct solution was? Because I would like to know if it is a problem on my machine or a general unraid problem.

I managed to kill 2 docker containers that just won't get stopped using this method:

The `docker kill` command didn't work either :/

• Thanks 2