Another New Server Hardware Recommendation

Hi Everyone, first of all thank you for reading....and replying. (I have been reading in this forum for recommendation but I feel I am going down a more expensive path than I need to be)

This is my use case:

- Server hosts Home Assistant VM (1 of 2 primary function)

- Runs Plex Server (1 of 2 primary function). Currently does not transcodes but this has become a necessity as I can't figure out how to get my Plex client on Roku Stick+ and Nvidia Shield to play direct stream of any 4k HRD content. So I need to have 1-2 4k transcoding 

- Runs 1-2 VMs occasionally

- Hosts about 3TB of video files

This is my current setup (built from my old pc):

- Gigabyte F2A85XM-D3H motherboard

- AMD A8-5600K APU 

- 16GB of DDR3

- 4 HDD

- 1 Cache

- I also have plex pass

I want to upgrade this server. I want to be able to support the above use cases as I am getting more 4k content now that I have a 4k TV and soon hoping to get a 4k projector.

What do you guys recommend that will allow me to do the above? I have checked out a few people's signatures and they feel overkill for my needs.

Thank you again for all your help.

This is what I was thinking... https://newegg.io/7b7a91f

I can also get a i5-11400 for $20 more instead of the i5-10400

Edited by war1000
Added component list

I was able to find a GTX 1050 Ti and a GTX 950 around my area for $80. I see these are supported for transcoding. Would my current CPU be able to keep up if I install one of these cards instead? Just trying to get some clarity before going and investing another $1000. Thanks again for your help.

Edited by war1000
Updated question...