[SOLVED] Windows (SMB) Reporting Wrong Free Space

Hi all

I am having an irritating issue that I can't seem to resolve.  The worst thing is that I swear I read a solution to this once before on here...but my  search-fu is clearly failing me.

Basically, I have multiple SMB Shares connected in Windows and one of them is showing a different free space to all of the others.

image.thumb.png.342ef9aeee5a951290513721aa62be01.png

I have noticed it happen from time to time when something is on the Cache but not moved yet...Normally the mover fixes it.  I have manually run the mover, multiple times, and re-calculated on Unraid - I even disconnected and reconnected the network drive.  Nothing seems to work.

In anyone has any ideas, I would be very grateful.  It's not exactly a problem...but it is irritating :D

Thanks

Edited by PureLoneWolf
Marking as solved
Just now, PureLoneWolf said:

Oh right, thank you

I just checked, and the Downloads folder only contains a 3kb file.  Is it reserving space somehow?

Just trying to understand

Thanks again :)

If the a folder exists for any share on the cache drive (even if it is empty) then the free space of the cache drive will be included in the  free space value for the share shown in Windows.  

• Like 1
  • PureLoneWolf changed the title to [SOLVED] Windows (SMB) Reporting Wrong Free Space