What does "current pending ecc cnt is 1" message mean?

I needed to update my plex docker instance on my NAS Unraid system. So i loggedin into the system via the web gui and i was presented with a lot of thoose messages about this error, going into yellow and green again, see screenshot please.

After some searching via google with quotes and without i didnt really found an exact post about what this could mean, the closest i got to find something was this medium.com post ( https://satyeshukumar.medium.com/how-to-fix-current-pending-sector-count-warning-d9232220366e ) which bascially states

Briefly, the ‘Current Pending Sector Count’ warning indicates imminent drive failure and requires urgent backup & recovery followed by hard drive or SSD replacement.

Is this for my message also true?
Did anyone already have this message/error and help me to understand whats needed for my system?

About the SSDs:

Thoose "Crucial MX500 250GB CT250MX500SSD1(Z)" are bought from 12/2020 so they are fresh ones, and i did invest a bit more money for them as a Raid1 Cache then go with the lower BX series.

Please help :X

Screenshot 2021-07-13 124118.png

10.0.0.10_Main.png

Edited by jammsen
Fiddled around with the layout of the gui and added a longer screenshot

Hey @JorgeB,

oh ..... i even know the old thread, so the message isnt whats important, the SMART number 197 is the key here?

Good to know, but afaik they should have fixed it in smartmontools according to this: https://www.smartmontools.org/changeset/5061

Just looked into my hostname/Main/Device?name=cache link for the cache drives and disabled 197 which is onr row below 188 which is also disbaled, maybe i missclicked or so and disabled 188 by accidient? Or is 188 disabled by default?

Edited by jammsen

Yeah @Meannekes i totally agree and get your point, i should have gone with my 2 other highspeed "SPCC_M.2_PCIe_SSD" Silicon Power SSDs

I have 2 Unraid systems and the one with 2 of thoose disks in it, isnt mission critical, its more like hold some Docker Settings for plex or so and while its set to cache only, the settings are not that important. It runs raid1 anyway and its been barley used as a file cache. So failure rate should be low to extremly low.

Next time the better ones :)

Edited by jammsen
  • Like 1