Remote Access Plex (on 10 sec then off)

Edit: I solved it by turning on UPnP...... but it now cuts out after 30 second to 1 min unless i am watching a video then it seems to last longer... is there a time out thing i need to disable and how?

I am running the plex docker and watched several videos how to set it up to make sure im not missing anything. 

I forwarded port 32400 TCP in my ubiquity router.   192.168.xxx.xxx:32400 address of my unraid server static IP

I added a host port 1 32400 to the docker

i can start the docker and get access to the UI, but wen i try and start remote access it say i have remote access for about 5-10 seconds then i lose it.

I have tried deleting the server and re-adding it back, i have installed different dockers, i have tried turning off Internet threat management, anything i missed?

Edited by spikes2020
  • spikes2020 changed the title to Remote Access Plex (on 10 sec then off)
9 hours ago, mfwade said:

I at one time had the same issue. Found multiple instances on other forums that stated it was a bug. Even when it was red, it still worked.

Did you confirm that even when it said it was disabled that it worked from outside your network?

Yeah i played around with it last night.

i was able to watch 4k starwars on my phone when i connected to it via 4G but only right away after re-establishing the connection via the server. It played for a solid 10 min without issue. I disconnected and closed the plex app. waited about 2-3 min and when i tried to log back in my server was "off line".

By chance, do you have geolocation filtering on? If so, allow Ireland through. Plex remote/proxy servers are located there and for whatever reason it needs to be able to communicate with them.

My Plex rule:

image.thumb.png.89cafb6ac8364988f412a2d6add7533e.png

Edited by mfwade
3 hours ago, mfwade said:

By chance, do you have geolocation filtering on? If so, allow Ireland through. Plex remote/proxy servers are located there and for whatever reason it needs to be able to communicate with them.

My Plex rule:

I'll try this tonight when i get home. 

Also could it be that i have port forwarding and UPnP running... could i remove my port forwarding. 

11 hours ago, mfwade said:

My Plex rule:

Yes its from Any.... 

I tried installing it on my PC and set up a few movies... I can see it on the network but i cant access it off the network. I moved all the ports and everything to the new computer, idk what to do, this is fustrating

I setup VNC just fine and i can connect to my computer/server and reset it... guess that what ill have to do from now on...

Edited by spikes2020
1 hour ago, mfwade said:

Good Morning,

Just following up on this thread. Were you able to get your issue sorted out? Turn off GEOIP FILTERING and see if the problem persisits. I had similar issues even though I was allowing US and Irelend.

Nope i think my issue is a double NAT, my router and ATT's fiber router.... maybe i can find a way to plug ATT fiber into my SFP+ port..... 

13 minutes ago, spikes2020 said:

Nope i think my issue is a double NAT, my router and ATT's fiber router.... maybe i can find a way to plug ATT fiber into my SFP+ port..... 

Ah, that could cause issues. Did you pass through 32400 from the ATT device to the Unifi? Since I dont know what you have, in theory you should be able to directly connect the fiber into the Unifi device - provided you have the correct singlemode or multimode SFP / SFP+. You would then need to simply set DHCP or manually assign the IP.

As I stated, i dont know what ATT brings to the table with ther device so some things may break (like in the Verizon FIOS world).

Let me know how it works.

2 minutes ago, mfwade said:

Ah, that could cause issues. Did you pass through 32400 from the ATT device to the Unifi? Since I dont know what you have, in theory you should be able to directly connect the fiber into the Unifi device - provided you have the correct singlemode or multimode SFP / SFP+. You would then need to simply set DHCP or manually assign the IP.

As I stated, i dont know what ATT brings to the table with ther device so some things may break (like in the Verizon FIOS world).

Let me know how it works.

I told ATT to bridge the fiber directly to my ubiquiti dream machine pro mac address. So i don't know if i can still log into it and do that or not. It seems a lot of people complain about ATT bridges and double NATs.

Ill plug my laptop into it tonight and see what i can mess around with.

I think this is what i need to do... but it looks a little more sketchy than i am use to...

https://wells.ee/journal/2020-08-05-bypassing-att-fiber-modem-udmp/

Thanks again for everything

Personally, I am not into having to make that many configuration changes, especially rooting a device...

I would probably just stick with the double NAT and ensure the correct ports are forwarded through the ATT device to the Unifi.

I found this - if you need it: https://www.att.com/support/article/u-verse-high-speed-internet/KM1010280/

Good luck and post back how you are progressing.

Edited by mfwade

I was able to get into the ATT router and try port forwarding to my uni pro address, and seems to be working off and on right now... But much better 

I just ran a tracert command to google and umm can someone explain the amount of hops.. they all seem like ATT internal ones and it bounces all over the place, from California to Atlanta and back....

Screenshot_12.thumb.png.2a438147784c87eeca00e2d452c3f6c1.png

Edited by spikes2020
  • 1 year later...

none of the other fixes were working,  I got so frustrated I installed in on my main windows box and it still gave me the same error.
Scoured through my router nothing...
Plex Server >Authorized Devices
I have reinstalled this server on a few devices over the years, but same IP, I cleared all old servers out and it connected and Stayed online.