Can't get USB stick to boot on brand new Dell G500

I've got Unraid working on 3 systems... I just picked up a new Dell G500 I want to put Unraid on but can't get the USB to boot. I've used the Unraid USB creation tool... it looks like it has all the necessary UEFI files, etc.

I've disabled secure boot, all the Dell BIOS crap about boot order... did manual boot menu and it absolutely refuses to boot from the USB even though it sees the USB and the "file to boot from" in the BIOS. EFi-/boot/bootx64.efi

Is there an alternate creation tool I can use? I've researched this and apparently Dell EFI will not goot if there is anything GPT partition related on the drive. Here's a thread related to it... https://www.dell.com/community/Inspiron/BIOS-Setting-to-boot-USB-UEFI-stick/td-p/6239562

Edit, I just noticed in the Unraid creation tool under customize there is an enable EFI boot, I'm trying that on a smaller USB stick now. 

Edited by elchorizo

oddly i had to remake my unraid without uefi support to boot on my current x570 rig, thing is it worked with eufi itd see the drive it would show the boot menu to load the various unraid options but would go nowhere. had to actually disable secure boot enable csm and load the non uefi version to actually get past a blank screen.