UNRAID 6.9.2 Daily Crashes, Unable to Toubleshoot.

Hi. I'm brand-new to Unraid, and built a small Unraid server. This past week. It seems to run well, but crashes 1-2 times every day. It uses a Ryzen 1800x, and I have followed the Ryzen suggestions from another thread (don't overclock CPU/RAM, disable Global C-States). Prior to those changes, the box crashed nearly every other hour.

I have attached the diagnostics files along with some other logs that I hoped would be helpful, although I don't know how to read them well. I have a syslog server running on a Pi elsewhere on my network, but it seems like it only captures a portion of the Unraid logs and doesn't tell me what's causing the crashes. "unraidlog.log" is the Pi syslog, "syslog" is the /var/logs/syslog file from the Unraid server, and "dmesg" is the /var/logs/dmesg" dmesg log from the Unraid server.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dmesg unraidlog.log tower-diagnostics-20210715-1757.zip syslog

Unfortunately, according to some light research and forum reading, it appears ASRock took away my MB's Power Supply Idle Control option from the BIOS in some previous version, as it's missing. Perhaps they renamed it to something else, but the option descriptions are not very clear on that.

Don't know what version BIOS you currently run (or which MB you have, for that matter), but you may want to look at possibly downgrading your BIOS, back to (I think) AGESA 1.0.0.6.  For a first gen ZEN, this is all you need to successfully run UNRAID at stable stock settings.

While AMD promised to keep AM4 motherboards as the Ryzen platform for several years, as each new release of processors came out, the BIOS was just outgrowing the NVRAM to flash it to.  So the MB manufacturers would trim out features, to make room to support the new processors.  The newer BIOS really doesn't have any benefits for the first gen hardware.

As of now, I've gone 6 days with no crashes, freezes, or other concerning problems.

So far, what I've done is:

• Disable global c-states in BIOS
  • Drop RAM speeds to match the forum post linked earlier by JorgeB (1866 in my case)

As stated previously, my BIOS has no option to change PSU idle control. Perhaps I can find it if I rollback my BIOS version, but since the server seems to be stable now, I'll reserve that for future troubleshooting. Thanks, all.

• Like 1