(SOLVED) Unraid shares disappear after some time

Hi all, I've been using Unraid for about a year now without any problems, but recently, my shares seems to disappear after some time. Restarting helps, but after some time, the same issue occur again.

I'm currently using Unraid 6.9.2, and I've attached the diagnostics zip.

Can anybody help please? Also, please let me know if more information is required.

unraid-diagnostics-20210717-0921.zip

Edited by Kevin Kok
Mark as solved

Update: I've been running my server for about a day now, and no problems so far. The only thing that I changed was disabling NetData docker. However, it's weird that NetData could be causing such problem in my system. I will keep running my server without NetData for a few more days and see if the problem is resolved. Then, I'll also try to bring NetData up again and check if the problem is reproducible.

If SMB shares "disappear" then someone/something has write access to the places those "things" exist (jmho). If not running NetData docker fixes things, well... go ahead and start it up again to test (for the fun of it?).

What is NetData? (<-- I ask that in earnest and not feseciously).

4 hours ago, Kevin Kok said:

it's weird that NetData could be causing such problem in my system

Unlikely, looks more like a hardware problem, and you still need to run a scrub on the pool, if there are any uncorrecteblr errors look for the file name(s) in the syslog and delete/restore them from backup.

3 hours ago, 6of6 said:

If SMB shares "disappear" then someone/something has write access to the places those "things" exist (jmho). If not running NetData docker fixes things, well... go ahead and start it up again to test (for the fun of it?).

What is NetData? (<-- I ask that in earnest and not feseciously).

It is a monitoring software. You can check it out here: https://www.netdata.cloud/

Well, I wanted to start it up again not for the fun of it, but to know what's the root cause... 😂

49 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Unlikely, looks more like a hardware problem, and you still need to run a scrub on the pool, if there are any uncorrecteblr errors look for the file name(s) in the syslog and delete/restore them from backup.

Alright, will do that, and as I've mentioned, things seem to work fine after I have disabled NetData, will keep monitoring to see if the problem occurs again.

#Edit: I've scrub the cache pool, and interestingly enough, there are no errors... 😅

UUID:             415ed43b-1d51-41c8-8472-06e5255aad62
Scrub started:    Sun Jul 18 17:46:23 2021
Duration:         0:00:29
Total to scrub:   12.97GiB
Rate:             457.90MiB/s
Error summary:    no errors found

Edited by Kevin Kok
16 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

That basically confirms it was a hardware issue, since your cache is a single device errors can't be corrected, and they were detected before, see here to reset btrfs stats and to enable better monitoring so you are notified if more appear.

I have run the command in the provided link and it shows that there are 81 corruption errors. Anyway, I've reset the stats, ran a correction scrub, and also setup a user script as suggested. Let's see if any more errors shall occur.

Edited by Kevin Kok
  • Like 1

I hit another segfault today, my server was setup to shut down around 4am, and it did shut down without problem, but the problem is that it got rebooted right after the shut down and after that, I see segfaults in the syslog (I have rsyslog setup).

I have reset my motherboard's BIOS, the reboot after shut down was solved, and no segfaults in the syslog so far.

I'll continue to monitor for another few days, and if there's no problem, I'll mark this as solved.

• Kevin Kok changed the title to (SOLVED) Unraid shares disappear after some time