Newly created Cache-pool shows as unmountable after reboot

Hi,

I'm upgrading my server, and wanted to run my VMs from a newly created cache pool. I moved my vdisks to the array, formatted the drive as a cache-pool (btrfs) with a single drive, and moved the vdisks back. I then started the VM and checked everything, it was working well. 

Now I had to do a reboot since I'd filled up my log-vdisk from running the mover (moved plex-directory with loads of files). 

After rebooting the new cache_vms is showing as unmountable. I've tried step 1 and 2 from here, but it didn't work. 

root@Tower:/# mount -o usebackuproot,ro /dev/sdn1 /x
mount: /x: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdn1, missing codepage or helper program, or other error.

root@Tower:/mnt/disk8# btrfs restore -v /dev/sdn1 /mnt/disk8/restore
No valid Btrfs found on /dev/sdn1
Could not open root, trying backup super
No valid Btrfs found on /dev/sdn1
Could not open root, trying backup super
ERROR: superblock bytenr 274877906944 is larger than device size 240056360960

Now is there any chance of getting my images back? One of the VMs runs my home automations and is kinda critical. I've got a windows backup of the important files, but I was hoping to avoid having to set up a new VM and restoring the data.

Diagnostics attached

Thanks a bunch!

tower-diagnostics-20210718-1547.zip

I suspect the drive didn't get re-formatted correctly when I made it into cache_vms, and that's why btrfs commands are not working. 

I hope it's okay to try and tag @JorgeB here cause I think he or she is the person for the job. Thanks a lot :)

root@Tower:~# fdisk /dev/sdn -l
Disk /dev/sdn: 223.57 GiB, 240057409536 bytes, 468862128 sectors
Disk model: KINGSTON SV300S3
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
Disklabel type: dos
Disk identifier: 0x00000000

Device     Boot Start       End   Sectors   Size Id Type
/dev/sdn1        2048 468862127 468860080 223.6G 83 Linux

root@Tower:~# file -sL /dev/sdn
/dev/sdn: DOS/MBR boot sector; partition 1 : ID=0x83, start-CHS (0x0,0,0), end-CHS (0x0,0,0), startsector 2048, 468860080 sectors, extended partition table (last)

parted command is not available on unraid it seems.

18 hours ago, Fredrick said:

After rebooting the new cache_vms is showing as unmountable

I can see what happened since after the reboot there wasn't a valid btrfs filesystem on that SSD, looks like it was wiped, you that's what happened you can try this, with the array stopped:

btrfs-select-super -s 1 /dev/sdX1

Replace X with correct letter.

2 hours ago, JorgeB said:

I don't know what happened to that device but there's no valid filesystem there, so don't see how to recover.

Thats a shame. I've been working on my backup, and it's nowhere near as good/fresh/complete as it should have been.

Is there any reason I shouldn't trust this drive from your point of view?

Thanks again

9 minutes ago, Fredrick said:

Is there any reason I shouldn't trust this drive from your point of view?

Something very weird happened, like mentioned I can't say what since the filesystem was gone at boot time, if it had been wiped by mistake the command above should have worked, but some data was lost, I remember that the Kingston SV300 is the only SSD that caused sync errors when used in the array after a reboot/power cycle, so it could be a device problem.