X11SSL-F Motherboard, CPU options.

Hi!

I will be new to UNRAID and want to build a low power consumption server.
i noticed a lot of people are building an server with an SuperMicro motherboard so i'm gonna follow. There isn't a lot of available SuperMicro options available in my counrty (Netherlands) so the best one I could find was an X11SSL-F. I want ECC.

My question now is; What is a good cpu combo with this motherboard? Keep in mind I want to try to build a low power consuming server and I don't want an GPU, so if possible I want integrated graphics.

Purpose of this build:
Dockers;
- Sonarr

- Radarr

- NZBGet

- Syncarr
- Plex Media server (I wont be transcoding! There will be ~5 people who direct play from the server)
- Minecraft Server

VM's:

- Windows
- In the future I think I want more VM's but again, I am new to this so never used an VM.

Not sure if this is the right location to ask but I'm also looking for suitable RAM, Case and PSU.

Hope someone can help! Thank you

7 hours ago, CappiSteijns said:

Hi!

I will be new to UNRAID and want to build a low power consumption server.
i noticed a lot of people are building an server with an SuperMicro motherboard so i'm gonna follow. There isn't a lot of available SuperMicro options available in my counrty (Netherlands) so the best one I could find was an X11SSL-F. I want ECC.

Welcome!

Please keep it in mind that probably even more people are using consumer grade boards, especially when they're just starting.

Because it's a much cheaper and simpler approach to building a home server.

Edited by Lolight
  • 3 months later...