Can't access web GUI with local IP address after reboot [SOLVED]

UPDATE: I followed the posts below and read to delete the /boot/config/ssl folder, and reboot. That worked, and I now have web GUI access again. Thanks!

Weird problem: I can't seem to get access to the web GUI at all after a reboot. I can SSH in just fine, but the GUI isn't loading, even by choosing GUI mode on a reboot with a monitor connected. Same thing happens in Safe Mode boot (both with and without GUI). I've tried from multiple computers with multiple browsers all connected to the same subnet the server is on.

I have the port set to 8008 for my web GUI which has worked great for years (a docker container uses port 80), now I get "unable to connect" or "connection refused" (depending on the browser) for http://IP:8008

Any ideas what might be going on? I've attached the output of the diagnostics command here. Thanks!

gallifrey-diagnostics-20210719-1150.zip

Edited by ridge

A couple more troubleshooting steps I tried:

1. Changed port to 80. No joy.
  2. Changed IP address of server to something else on the same subnet that's outside of my DHCP range. Still no joy.
  3. Swapped out network cable. No joy.
  4. Ordered a new USB stick which arrives tomorrow.

If there's anything else I could be trying, I'm all ears at this point...

13 hours ago, ridge said:

A couple more troubleshooting steps I tried:

1. Changed port to 80. No joy.
  2. Changed IP address of server to something else on the same subnet that's outside of my DHCP range. Still no joy.
  3. Swapped out network cable. No joy.
  4. Ordered a new USB stick which arrives tomorrow.

If there's anything else I could be trying, I'm all ears at this point...

Check below

Jul 19 11:39:38 Gallifrey emhttpd: shcmd (84): /etc/rc.d/rc.nginx start
Jul 19 11:39:38 Gallifrey root: unable to load certificate
Jul 19 11:39:38 Gallifrey root: 23064034228032:error:0909006C:PEM routines:get_name:no start line:crypto/pem/pem_lib.c:745:Expecting: TRUSTED CERTIFICATE
Jul 19 11:39:38 Gallifrey root: Starting Nginx server daemon...
Jul 19 11:39:38 Gallifrey root: nginx: [emerg] cannot load certificate "/etc/ssl/certs/unraid_bundle.pem": PEM_read_bio_X509_AUX() failed (SSL: error:0909006C:PEM routines:get_name:no start line:Expecting: TRUSTED CERTIFICATE)

1 hour ago, Vr2Io said:

Check below

Jul 19 11:39:38 Gallifrey emhttpd: shcmd (84): /etc/rc.d/rc.nginx start
Jul 19 11:39:38 Gallifrey root: unable to load certificate
Jul 19 11:39:38 Gallifrey root: 23064034228032:error:0909006C:PEM routines:get_name:no start line:crypto/pem/pem_lib.c:745:Expecting: TRUSTED CERTIFICATE
Jul 19 11:39:38 Gallifrey root: Starting Nginx server daemon...
Jul 19 11:39:38 Gallifrey root: nginx: [emerg] cannot load certificate "/etc/ssl/certs/unraid_bundle.pem": PEM_read_bio_X509_AUX() failed (SSL: error:0909006C:PEM routines:get_name:no start line:Expecting: TRUSTED CERTIFICATE)

Not sure what that nginx reference is, as I'm running nginx as a docker, and (to my knowledge) nowhere else. What would you suggest trying here?

1 hour ago, ridge said:

Not sure what that nginx reference is, as I'm running nginx as a docker, and (to my knowledge) nowhere else. What would you suggest trying here?

But this just temporary fix. Does "perm" file there ?

Unraid nginx config file as below

/etc/nginx/nginx.conf

Edited by Vr2Io
  • ridge changed the title to Can't access web GUI with local IP address after reboot [SOLVED]