[SOLVED] Need for step-by-step advice to upgrade from trial to a payed licence with preserving all work from trial period

Dear,

Since some time I have evaluated the Unraid product and are quite happy with the performance using the trial version.

I have already configured a lot on my server hardware and do want to migrate everything to a new purchased licence

- new USB stick is on hand

- obviously registered in the forum and My Server plug-in installed.

What should I do to upgrade to Unraid paid license - is there somewhere a step-by-step tutorial ?

I have taken a backup of my current trail version USB stick.

So what to do ?

At which moment of the upgrade process I should change the USB stick hardware in the server ? Obviously I cannot boot the Unraid server without a license...

Many thanks for advice.

"Why do you not want to use the flash drive you already have configured?"

Because it is a very old, almost mechanical damaged USB stick, which I got for free somewhere as a promotion gift. This stick is already almost broken, as it is so old and carried around thousand times in the last years... That is why I bought a brandnew one - Samsung Bar Plus 32Gb - for use with he new Unraid server...

To use the old usb stick for longer is no option.

regards,

I found this in the documentation files:

https://wiki.unraid.net/Manual/Changing_The_Flash_Device

It says that the trial license will not work or even copied to the new  replacement USB stick, but will remain forever on the old stick (although expire)

Now , booting the fully configured Unraid server (during the trial period) from the new USB stick will not start the array, until I have bought a license ...

So it seems to me, that the backup-configuration of the flash drive from the trial back-up (zip file) will work and start up the disk array with the new purchased license and the disks will not been reset to a blank status ...

Is this correct ?

• Like 1
  • JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] Need for step-by-step advice to upgrade from trial to a payed licence with preserving all work from trial period