Hitachi 2TB 5K3000 Green drive

I always get a little paranoid before adding a new drive to my array, so I have to come on these forums to ensure that I'm doing everything right.  So I just picked up a Hitachi 2TB 5K3000 Green drive from Fry's for $69.99 and wanted to make sure that all I had to do was connect my HDD, run the latest preclear script and add to the array.  No funny stuff like jumpers or firmware upgrades I should be made aware of?

I'm running unraid server pro 4.7

Just to reaffirm, these drives are NOT advanced format, correct?  So I use the lower-case "a" when running the preclear?

using lowercase a will work BUT using uppercase A will not hurt it either.

All drive can be and should be used with the UPPERCASE A option expect for the WD EARS drives that have a jumper installed.

I started the preclear last night before I saw your posting.

My unRAID disk settings are Default Partition: MBR: Unaligned

on unraid I input: ./preclear_disk.sh -M 4 /dev/sdX

I didn't use either an "A" or "a" but I am to understand that in the absence of either, the script defaults to the disk settings.  So am I fine with how I ran it or should I stop the preclear and start it over with an "A" and set it as an Advanced Format drive?

I started the preclear last night before I saw your posting.

My unRAID disk settings are Default Partition: MBR: Unaligned

on unraid I input: ./preclear_disk.sh -M 4 /dev/sdX

I didn't use either an "A" or "a" but I am to understand that in the absence of either, the script defaults to the disk settings.  So am I fine with how I ran it or should I stop the preclear and start it over with an "A" and set it as an Advanced Format drive?

Let the pre-clear finish.    The Hitachi drive is perfectly happy with partitions starting on sector 63.