[Solved] LSI SAS2008 Issue

I start by giving you the back story.

A while ago I bought 2 LSI cards both exactly the same cards. Flashed the cards but only ended up using 1 card as I didn't have the need for the second card..... until now.

So I stuck the card into a spare x8 slot and booted up and got the attached screen.

It holts on this and doesnt go past it. I end up having to press the restart button at which point it gets to that point again and shows the same message but allows me to proceed.

Anyone have any ideas?

IMG_0120.jpg

Edited by JWMutant

So if Im reading things correctly I basically need to go through the whole process as if I was going to flash the card to IT.

Except I just input the command sas2flash -o -e 5

If thats the case I may need to try and find a sas2flash.efi as The last time I did this some years ago I had issues with the DOS version.

Does that sound about right?

2 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

You just need to boot with DOS and run that command, if the board has UEFI support you'll need to use a UEFI shell instead, it's possible to update an LSI using Unraid but unfortunately the Linux binary doesn't work with the delete BIOS option.

Ill give it a go in the next day or so. Just to be on the safe side I will stick it in my gaming PC so yea will have to use uefi shell.

Just one quick question.

I had a Dell Perc H310 going back some 6 odd years ago that I started going down the road of flashing to IT but didnt have much luck with it at the time.

But I cant remember what stage I got upto in the flashing process. Is it safe to reflash (Basically start again)?

• JWMutant changed the title to [Solved] LSI SAS2008 Issue