GPU NOT DETECTED IN UNRAID.

2429be1421a747a7abd320d0553a45ae.jpg

Hi all, I have two brand new Nvidia RTX 3060’s. One is Evga and the other gigabyte brand. Neither will recognize in my unraid server but what is crazy is, I can boot up and see video the whole time. I have included a screen shot of the unraid specs screen and 4G decoding is supported by by server board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, orybrad said:

I have and it shows “IOMMU group 68: [10de:2504] 84:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation Device 2504 (rev a1)
[10de:228e] 84:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation Device 228e (rev a1)”

What is the problem you are trying to solve?

Unraid does not ship with Nvidia drivers. This device should be available to pass through to a VM as--is, no drivers are needed to pass through to a VM. If you want to use it in a Docker you'll need to install the Nvidia driver plugin. Support for that plugin is in this thread: https://forums.unraid.net/topic/98978-plugin-nvidia-driver/ 

I know. Its not recognizing either one of my 3060’s and they are both different brands and the MOBO recognizes them. They are in a x16 lane, and I am able to get video out of them it’s just unraid for some reason. Reference the pics and prev messages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/13/2023 at 8:31 PM, SimonF said:

Which driver version are you using? You may need 470.182.03 for your card

I will try it. But since I have a titan black and a 1060. The 1060 i dedicated to plex and the titan will be used for vm + docker projects. But if I install the older drive. Will the 1060 work good? I mean can I have two drivers installs then?

10 minutes ago, Cyborg said:

I will try it. But since I have a titan black and a 1060. The 1060 i dedicated to plex and the titan will be used for vm + docker projects. But if I install the older drive. Will the 1060 work good? I mean can I have two drivers installs then?

No you can only have a single driver. Would need to check 1060 is supported in older one

• 4 months later...

@ich777is there any change to get the driver back? I cat see it anymore in the nvidia driver. The v470.199.02 cant find my titan black.