[Support] binhex - Prowlarr

Thank you binhex for your apps!

Everything seems to be working fine but just wanted to confirm few things.

My Setup:

Prowlarr : Added Indexers in Full Sync. Added Sonarr & Radarr. Enabled Proxy to SABnzbdVPN Privoxy, added my localhost IP to Ignored address.

Sonarr: SABnzbdVPN as download client. Indexer (Prowlarr)

Radarr: SABnzbdVPN as download client. Indexer (Prowlarr)

SABnzbdVPN : Wireguard & Privoxy Enabled

- I watched Spaceinvader one's video tutorial in setting proxy in Sonarr & Radarr, but he wasn't using another app managing indexers

Questions:

1. Is it right setup to just enable proxy in Prowlarr since it's the one connecting to indexers? And leave Sonarr and Radarr proxy off.

- Read binhex FAQ about this , but he mentioned setting in Jackett, just wanted to confirm same with Prowlarr

2. If I added SABnzbdVPN  as download client in Prowlarr, Can I remove SABnzbdVPN in Sonarr and Radarr like I did with Indexers?

3. How do I confirm if Prowlarr or Sonarr is using proxy when connecting to Indexers?

4. With my setup, are Sonarr and Radarr and connecting to Prowlarr locally, no internet?

Thanks!

Edited by OtherSide
  • Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, H2O_King89 said:

Awesome back up and running. Thank you!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

You can do that with most of the dockers on unRAID. Just go to the dockerhub page and grab the tag for the version you want. Enter the tag number after the name in the repository field separated by a colon.

Edited by wgstarks
Not with Unifi
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Looks like the most recent version in the arch repo is 0.3.0.1730-1 though.

Im sorry, I thought I saw that the version in my docker container was v0.2.0.1678 from April 10th, but it was 0.3.0.1730, the latest one excluding the one from yesterday.

Thank you for correcting me! Again sorry, probably looked like a dick expecting an update after 20 hours :( 

I am also getting the error "Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'returnType')" on the latest release.  I tried rolling back to several different previous versions with no luck.

I also see this error when checking the logs:

2022-07-02 10:29:38,932 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[Fatal] ProwlarrErrorPipeline: Request Failed. GET /api/v1/indexer 

What can I do to fix this? Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...

I have an issue connecting indexers to Prowlarr and am a bit stumped. Newby here with a one week old server out of my depth but I will try explain. I have prowlarr set up using flaresolverr as a proxy, which tests fine, but I get errors when testing any indexer connection. If I disable RSS then re-enable the indexers appear to work (green tick) but when I actually search in Prowlarr, the logs produce this and I go back to failure:

image.thumb.png.faa6d0095e8823ba57a6ccc4e72eb56e.png

Radarr also shows this:

image.png.f962eaeb145f2236eeab0af717883d1a.png

Frustratingly close to getting this working after much tinkering so appreciate a steer from anyone.

I managed to get around this by disabling flaresolverr and using deluge proxy instead. I can now add indexers which return searches in prowlarr. These also show up in radarr as linked indexers "(prowlarr)".  The problem now is I have lost connection to Deluge in both apps with the same download client configuration settings as before. Is there an additional setting I need to add when using Deluge proxy ? Pulling my hair out at this stage!

My proxy settings in prowlarr - http(s), local server address, port 8118, bypass proxy for local addresses ticked.

Log states as follows:

image.thumb.png.d40d1af3a8d63d442a9f2ce91a6a699b.png

Edited by SRTG
  • Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

@luisalrp My issue was incorrect server addresses and port mappings across the Arr apps. I just didn't have an understanding of what to use for these but since figuring it out all are working perfectly. 

The Prowlarr, Radarr and Sonarr proxy address should be your server address - as below

image.png.6c3719419e5ab9c693d16d8f4939dc61.png

My next issue was using host addresses instead of app addresses when linking prowlarr to other Arr apps. These should be http://app address:port map i.e. when on unraid docker screen port mappings are listed "app to host" left to right. Use the app address on the left hand side of this list not the host address on the right when linking apps.

Use the same app address when linking deluge in Arr apps. The "Host" field should have the app address only, no http.

Edited by SRTG

Hi

My binhex-prowlarr container keeps stopping for no apparent reason.

The logs show this:

2022-09-12 03:00:11,095 WARN received SIGTERM indicating exit request
2022-09-12 03:00:11,095 DEBG killing start-script (pid 65) with signal SIGTERM
2022-09-12 03:00:11,095 INFO waiting for start-script to die
2022-09-12 03:00:11,230 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[Info] ConsoleApp: Exiting main. 

2022-09-12 03:00:11,231 DEBG fd 8 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 23285748612304 for <Subprocess at 23285748610336 with name start-script in state STOPPING> (stdout)>
2022-09-12 03:00:11,231 DEBG fd 10 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 23285749057616 for <Subprocess at 23285748610336 with name start-script in state STOPPING> (stderr)>
2022-09-12 03:00:11,231 INFO stopped: start-script (exit status 143)
2022-09-12 03:00:11,231 DEBG received SIGCHLD indicating a child quit

Does anybody have any idea what this could be?

Thanks.

• 3 months later...
On 10/10/2021 at 5:52 PM, mathgeek97 said:

I can't seem to get this running and I don't know what the container might be missing to have this error.
Unraid 6.9.2

2021-10-10 18:42:55.103477 [info] Host is running unRAID
2021-10-10 18:42:55.132781 [info] System information Linux d803c532142d 5.10.28-Unraid #1 SMP Wed Apr 7 08:23:18 PDT 2021 x86_64 GNU/Linux
2021-10-10 18:42:55.170916 [info] OS_ARCH defined as 'x86-64'
2021-10-10 18:42:55.208211 [info] PUID defined as '99'
2021-10-10 18:42:55.250655 [info] PGID defined as '100'
2021-10-10 18:42:55.342888 [info] UMASK defined as '000'
2021-10-10 18:42:55.380514 [info] Permissions already set for '/config'
2021-10-10 18:42:55.418258 [info] Deleting files in /tmp (non recursive)...
2021-10-10 18:42:55.464281 [info] Starting Supervisor...
2021-10-10 18:42:55,679 INFO Included extra file "/etc/supervisor/conf.d/prowlarr.conf" during parsing
2021-10-10 18:42:55,680 INFO Set uid to user 0 succeeded
2021-10-10 18:42:55,682 INFO supervisord started with pid 7
2021-10-10 18:42:56,684 INFO spawned: 'shutdown-script' with pid 58
2021-10-10 18:42:56,687 INFO spawned: 'start-script' with pid 59
2021-10-10 18:42:56,687 INFO reaped unknown pid 8 (exit status 0)
2021-10-10 18:42:56,722 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
Failed to create CoreCLR, HRESULT: 0x80004005

Thanks,

mathgeek97

Edit: I'm going to assume this is a permission problem. But, maybe it's been compiled for newer architecture than I have?  Any suggestions?

@mathgeek97Did you ever figure this out?  After the last update I have my Prowlarr and Radarr containers doing this.

• 3 weeks later...

Hope someone can help - having trouble getting Prowlarr (and Jackett previously) to work.  The tests on links stopped working in Jackett ( spit out the following Connection reset by peer: The SSL connection could not be established, see inner exception.) But i was never able to get to the bottom of why it wasn't working.  Thought Prowlarr might be a better fit (already using the other 'arrs).  But same as before it wont let me add any indexers.  Have provided the log below, but happy to provide any other logs / settings - any help would be amazing!

I get the following in the log:

[v1.0.1.2220] FluentValidation.ValidationException: Validation failed: 
 -- : Unable to connect to indexer, check the log for more details
   at Prowlarr.Api.V1.ProviderControllerBase`3.VerifyValidationResult(ValidationResult validationResult, Boolean includeWarnings) in D:\a\1\s\src\Prowlarr.Api.V1\ProviderControllerBase.cs:line 209
   at Prowlarr.Api.V1.ProviderControllerBase`3.Test(TProviderDefinition definition, Boolean includeWarnings) in D:\a\1\s\src\Prowlarr.Api.V1\ProviderControllerBase.cs:line 195
   at Prowlarr.Api.V1.ProviderControllerBase`3.Test(TProviderResource providerResource) in D:\a\1\s\src\Prowlarr.Api.V1\ProviderControllerBase.cs:line 144
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ActionMethodExecutor.SyncObjectResultExecutor.Execute(IActionResultTypeMapper mapper, ObjectMethodExecutor executor, Object controller, Object[] arguments)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodAsync()
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.Next(State& next, Scope& scope, Object& state, Boolean& isCompleted)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeNextActionFilterAsync()
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.Rethrow(ActionExecutedContextSealed context)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.Next(State& next, Scope& scope, Object& state, Boolean& isCompleted)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeInnerFilterAsync()
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ResourceInvoker.<InvokeFilterPipelineAsync>g__Awaited|20_0(ResourceInvoker invoker, Task lastTask, State next, Scope scope, Object state, Boolean isCompleted)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ResourceInvoker.<InvokeAsync>g__Awaited|17_0(ResourceInvoker invoker, Task task, IDisposable scope)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ResourceInvoker.<InvokeAsync>g__Awaited|17_0(ResourceInvoker invoker, Task task, IDisposable scope)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Routing.EndpointMiddleware.<Invoke>g__AwaitRequestTask|6_0(Endpoint endpoint, Task requestTask, ILogger logger)
   at Prowlarr.Http.Middleware.BufferingMiddleware.InvokeAsync(HttpContext context) in D:\a\1\s\src\Prowlarr.Http\Middleware\BufferingMiddleware.cs:line 28
   at Prowlarr.Http.Middleware.IfModifiedMiddleware.InvokeAsync(HttpContext context) in D:\a\1\s\src\Prowlarr.Http\Middleware\IfModifiedMiddleware.cs:line 41
   at Prowlarr.Http.Middleware.CacheHeaderMiddleware.InvokeAsync(HttpContext context) in D:\a\1\s\src\Prowlarr.Http\Middleware\CacheHeaderMiddleware.cs:line 33
   at Prowlarr.Http.Middleware.UrlBaseMiddleware.InvokeAsync(HttpContext context) in D:\a\1\s\src\Prowlarr.Http\Middleware\UrlBaseMiddleware.cs:line 27
   at Prowlarr.Http.Middleware.VersionMiddleware.InvokeAsync(HttpContext context) in D:\a\1\s\src\Prowlarr.Http\Middleware\VersionMiddleware.cs:line 28
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.ResponseCompression.ResponseCompressionMiddleware.InvokeCore(HttpContext context)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authorization.Policy.AuthorizationMiddlewareResultHandler.HandleAsync(RequestDelegate next, HttpContext context, AuthorizationPolicy policy, PolicyAuthorizationResult authorizeResult)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authorization.AuthorizationMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authentication.AuthenticationMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Diagnostics.ExceptionHandlerMiddleware.<Invoke>g__Awaited|6_0(ExceptionHandlerMiddleware middleware, HttpContext context, Task task)
13 hours ago, Furion said:

Hope someone can help - having trouble getting Prowlarr (and Jackett previously) to work.  The tests on links stopped working in Jackett ( spit out the following Connection reset by peer: The SSL connection could not be established, see inner exception.) But i was never able to get to the bottom of why it wasn't working.  Thought Prowlarr might be a better fit (already using the other 'arrs).  But same as before it wont let me add any indexers.  Have provided the log below, but happy to provide any other logs / settings - any help would be amazing!

I get the following in the log:

[v1.0.1.2220] FluentValidation.ValidationException: Validation failed: 
 -- : Unable to connect to indexer, check the log for more details
   at Prowlarr.Api.V1.ProviderControllerBase`3.VerifyValidationResult(ValidationResult validationResult, Boolean includeWarnings) in D:\a\1\s\src\Prowlarr.Api.V1\ProviderControllerBase.cs:line 209
   at Prowlarr.Api.V1.ProviderControllerBase`3.Test(TProviderDefinition definition, Boolean includeWarnings) in D:\a\1\s\src\Prowlarr.Api.V1\ProviderControllerBase.cs:line 195
   at Prowlarr.Api.V1.ProviderControllerBase`3.Test(TProviderResource providerResource) in D:\a\1\s\src\Prowlarr.Api.V1\ProviderControllerBase.cs:line 144
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ActionMethodExecutor.SyncObjectResultExecutor.Execute(IActionResultTypeMapper mapper, ObjectMethodExecutor executor, Object controller, Object[] arguments)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodAsync()
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeNextActionFilterAsync()
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.Rethrow(ActionExecutedContextSealed context)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeInnerFilterAsync()
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Infrastructure.ResourceInvoker.<InvokeFilterPipelineAsync>g__Awaited|20_0(ResourceInvoker invoker, Task lastTask, State next, Scope scope, Object state, Boolean isCompleted)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Routing.EndpointMiddleware.<Invoke>g__AwaitRequestTask|6_0(Endpoint endpoint, Task requestTask, ILogger logger)
   at Prowlarr.Http.Middleware.BufferingMiddleware.InvokeAsync(HttpContext context) in D:\a\1\s\src\Prowlarr.Http\Middleware\BufferingMiddleware.cs:line 28
   at Prowlarr.Http.Middleware.IfModifiedMiddleware.InvokeAsync(HttpContext context) in D:\a\1\s\src\Prowlarr.Http\Middleware\IfModifiedMiddleware.cs:line 41
   at Prowlarr.Http.Middleware.CacheHeaderMiddleware.InvokeAsync(HttpContext context) in D:\a\1\s\src\Prowlarr.Http\Middleware\CacheHeaderMiddleware.cs:line 33
   at Prowlarr.Http.Middleware.UrlBaseMiddleware.InvokeAsync(HttpContext context) in D:\a\1\s\src\Prowlarr.Http\Middleware\UrlBaseMiddleware.cs:line 27
   at Prowlarr.Http.Middleware.VersionMiddleware.InvokeAsync(HttpContext context) in D:\a\1\s\src\Prowlarr.Http\Middleware\VersionMiddleware.cs:line 28
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.ResponseCompression.ResponseCompressionMiddleware.InvokeCore(HttpContext context)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authorization.Policy.AuthorizationMiddlewareResultHandler.HandleAsync(RequestDelegate next, HttpContext context, AuthorizationPolicy policy, PolicyAuthorizationResult authorizeResult)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authorization.AuthorizationMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Authentication.AuthenticationMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Diagnostics.ExceptionHandlerMiddleware.<Invoke>g__Awaited|6_0(ExceptionHandlerMiddleware middleware, HttpContext context, Task task)

are you pointing prowlarr at a proxy such as privoxy? if so check connectivity is working there first (check /config/supervisord.log)

1 hour ago, binhex said:

are you pointing prowlarr at a proxy such as privoxy? if so check connectivity is working there first (check /config/supervisord.log)

Thanks for the reply (and all the work you do for the community!).  I'm not no - not using proxy or VPN (though i know i probably should be!).

Edited by Furion