Solution to Backup iPhone to Unraid Share?

jang430

I use imazing to backup to smb share. for individual files, resilio sync or syncthing

Resilio for ios or Android? Does syncthing has ios app? I use syncthing to sync folders between 2 NAS. It will be good if it has ios app. Will research resilio for ios. This has pay Right? What is imazing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
21 hours ago, jang430 said:

Resilio for ios or Android? Does syncthing has ios app? I use syncthing to sync folders between 2 NAS. It will be good if it has ios app. Will research resilio for ios. This has pay Right? What is imazing?

I use resilio (iOS) and the unraid docker. I indeed did pay for resilio, but it's so much better imo than synthing. As far as an iOS app, Syncthing doesn't but there is an app called mobius sync I believe that works just fine. 

imazing allows you to interact with your iPhone/iPad. I use to to put files on the devices and also to backup (wired or wirelessly) to my unraid server. I'm on the beta (iOS) so having a good backup is a must.

1 hour ago, jang430 said:

I checked out resilio. Price seems reasonable. Though are there quirks in ios? Such as deleting on ios, doesn't delete on other sync folders?

There is also something about media folder not accessible?

https://help.resilio.com/hc/en-us/articles/205506539-Sync-for-iOS-Peculiarities

Can you confirm?

Not sure on the media, there are definitely limitations due to iOS, it's not a true sync, it's more of a download/upload type of thing. I use it to have certain files available. I download to iOS, maybe edit, then reupload. It's not ideal but unless apple changes their tune there is not much resilio or syncthing can do.

On android, there are true sync solutions (background syncs) which was great and the one thing I miss from that platform

Yes. I like it. I have a firewall at home, Sophos Xg, and I don't know how to configure it to be accessible from outside, and still be secure. I may be a victim of my own devices 🙂. I honestly believe it's a good sync solution. Not a backup. But after syncing, can be backed up. I will have to revisit it once again to see if I can get the reverse proxy working. 

I don't know if there is new instructions from spaceinvaderone already...