[SUPPORT] DiamondPrecisionComputing - ALL IMAGES AND FILES

EDIT : it works, see bottom edit 

In ddns-updater , is there a way to force ipv4 only?  I use namecheap, i provided my provider, domain, host ( "*" ) and my password in the json file, it connects to namecheap, but says malformed ip...

I added the IPV6_PREFIX variable with the /64 value and still no go (I use Rogers, a quick google pointed out they use /64) 

EDIT : ok looking at the docker's log, I see that it finds my IP fine... it's the any.mydomain.com that it doesn't like... i replaced with @ and that works...   Will add my subdomains now.  

Edited by stefer
10 minutes ago, stefer said:

favicon.ico from the github doesn't seem to be pulled with the docker image, I get a 404 error when I try to load it. (ddns-updater)

I know the dev been working on a new web interface for a while now so it might be a bug. I would open an issue on the GitHub page so he can look at it.

By default, the template is setup to use both IPv4 and IPv6. You should be able to remove the PUBLICIP_HTTP_PROVIDERS and PUBLICIPV6_HTTP_PROVIDERS variables and leave the PUBLICIPV4_HTTP_PROVIDERS variable and it use only IPv4.

2 hours ago, Alex.b said:

Hey !

Thanks for your hard work ! I tried to install GluetunVPN to work with Windscribe but I have an error :

docker: Error response from daemon: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint GluetunVPN (fe8fb5c60c0ba952bd0b14eade9f1ecd97c9be5fe936e49f8e221241a9e36559): Bind for 0.0.0.0:8888 failed: port is already allocated.

By default, these 3 ports are mapped to 8888, is it intended ?

image.thumb.png.3230b9519296008f6e6187c736d8dee4.png

I checked, no other container uses port 8888

Thank you !

This had gotten me too.  The template does not default to the actual numbers that the developer has at the top of this template.  Just scroll up and you'll see.  I'll include a screenshot.   The Template should probably be updated to avoid that confusion.  The last I did a complete delete and rebuild it still defaulted to 8888.

gluY4qDJ2d.thumb.jpg.29ab1026215b4d6c885128f2c517f283.jpg

6 hours ago, Alex.b said:

By default, these 3 ports are mapped to 8888, is it intended ?

3 hours ago, storagehound said:

This had gotten me too.  The template does not default to the actual numbers that the developer has at the top of this template.  Just scroll up and you'll see.  I'll include a screenshot.   The Template should probably be updated to avoid that confusion.  The last I did a complete delete and rebuild it still defaulted to 8888.

Yeah... Thought I had fixed that. Apparently I never pushed it to production. My bad...
I have another change that needs to be made anyway. I'll get it pushed after work today.

Hi @biggiesize,

Many thanks for your contribution. I would like to test your docker container and maybe use it as a "VPN gateway" that other "non-VPN capable" docker containers could use as "network", and therefore benefit from the VPN tunnel (with the proper port redirections made with the VPN service provider).

Is there anyway I can set a particular OpenVPN server IP for the Gluetun VPN client to use ?

Best,

OP 

PS: Oh, and I forgot : congratulations for all the details provided in the Unraid docker container template. There is some very useful information and I which all docker container templates were as detailed as yours.

Edited by Opawesome
41 minutes ago, Opawesome said:

Is there anyway I can set a particular OpenVPN server IP for the Gluetun VPN client to use ?

I posted too fast.

One can define a set OpenVPN IP by using a custom .ovpn configuration file. The procedure to do so is very clearly detailed by the author here: https://github.com/qdm12/gluetun/wiki/Openvpn-file.

@biggiesize, if I may: how about adding a choice like "other/custom" in the dropdown menu for the "VPN_SERVICE_PROVIDER" variable in your docker container template, as well as adding the variable "OPENVPN_CUSTOM_CONFIG" right after, with a nice little description such as "OPTIONAL if you selected 'other/custom' in the 'VPN_SERVICE_PROVIDER' list above, please enter here the path to the .ovpn configuration file that Gluetun should use. https://github.com/qdm12/gluetun/wiki/Openvpn-file" ?

Best,

OP

Edited by Opawesome
Added kind suggestion to the developer

@Opawesome Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate them very much.

My initial reaction is that this use case would be more advanced than what the product was intended for. Obviously, it is possible as the documentation shows. Adding an other/custom field to the drop down would currently cause the app to fail as it is looking for a specific response. I will definitely speak to the dev and see if he would help work on a more refined solution than what is presented.

Currently, you could just remove the "VPN_SERVICE_PROVIDER" variable and add the "OPENVPN_CUSTOM_CONFIG". If you aren't using credentials then you might also need to remove the variables for user and password as well.

Another thought is, if you VPN provider is currently supported, you can check the wiki and place a specific server name in the VPN_SERVER_NAME variable. That would limit Gluetun to using a single IP.

This is definitely something I will consider. Thank you again for the kind words, your support and the great idea.

• Like 1

ddns-updater. is working great for duckdns. but not for FreeDNS. it shows: 'Failure (bad HTTP status: 404: Error 404 : Page not found ), 1m48s ago'

I set the host/domain. and the token. which i got from afraid.org. the direct link to update my ip has the token in it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Having issues with GluetunVPN setup, specifically having Sonarr and NZBGet communicate with each other. I can access both UI fine from browser on the LAN, but Sonarr is throwing an "Error: ConnectFailure (No route to host): 'http://**.*.*.***:6789/jsonrpc'".

I'm coming from a previous version of Gluetun Docker (not DPC), which was working fine, but with different parameter names. I've added ports 6789,8989 to "ADDITIONAL_FIREWALL_INPUT_PORTS" and added "--network=container:GluetunVPN" to Extra Parameters. 

I've also tried adding the ports via "add another path, port, variable, etc" as was needed with my previous iteration of Gluetun/PIA, to no avail.

Is there something I need to do with "FIREWALL_OUTBOUND_SUBNETS"?

TIA,

Erik

21 hours ago, biggiesize said:

I'll be glad to help figure this out. Can you post a screenshot of you Glutune config? Obviously, black out any IPs, subnets, username/passwords, etc.

Not sure if there's a better way to do this, but here goes:

Everything is at default with the exception of ports added for nzbget and sonarr, plus login creds and server region.

Thanks for the help!

GluetunVPN_1.png

GluetunVPN_2.png

GluetunVPN_3.png

GluetunVPN_4.png

1 hour ago, biggiesize said:

Try putting the CIDR for your local subnet (usually something like 192.168.0.0/32 or 10.0.0.0/16) in the FIREWALL_OUTBOUND_SUBNETS variable.

Ok, did that, but now when I start sonarr or nzbget containers, I get "Execution Error   No such container"

Edited by ainuke
clarity
36 minutes ago, ainuke said:

Ok, did that, but now when I start sonarr or nzbget containers, I get "Execution Error   No such container"

Restart Gluetun and make sure that there aren't any errors staring up in the log. Then refresh the page and double check the nzbget and sonarr network settings.

Whenever you change settings in a template it recreates the container with a new GUID. Since sonarr and nzbget use that to determine the container to use as the network connection.

On 8/21/2021 at 10:27 AM, Opawesome said:

@biggiesize, if I may: how about adding a choice like "other/custom" in the dropdown menu for the "VPN_SERVICE_PROVIDER" variable in your docker container template, as well as adding the variable "OPENVPN_CUSTOM_CONFIG" right after, with a nice little description such as "OPTIONAL if you selected 'other/custom' in the 'VPN_SERVICE_PROVIDER' list above, please enter here the path to the .ovpn configuration file that Gluetun should use. https://github.com/qdm12/gluetun/wiki/Openvpn-file" ?

Just wanted to let you know that the dev added a "custom" option for "VPN_SERVICE_PROVIDER". I plan on getting the template updated with it and any relevant variables sometime today.

11 hours ago, biggiesize said:

Restart Gluetun and make sure that there aren't any errors staring up in the log. Then refresh the page and double check the nzbget and sonarr network settings.

I'm getting a "ERROR http server: http: Server closed" error when restarting Gluetun, with both the other containers stopped.