[SUPPORT] DiamondPrecisionComputing - ALL IMAGES AND FILES

1 hour ago, biggiesize said:

Can you post the Gluetun conatiner log after you try to start it?

Sorry, that was my bad. I was looking too far up in the log; the http server error was from when it was shutting down.

Everything is working now, although to get access to the containers' UI (NZBGet and Sonarr) on the LAN, their ports need to be manually specified/added. From the description, I thought that was the purpose of ADDIDIONAL_FIREWALL_INPUT_PORTS?

Not really worried about it at this point, given that it's functional; just curious.

Thanks for your help!

29 minutes ago, ainuke said:

Sorry, that was my bad. I was looking too far up in the log; the http server error was from when it was shutting down.

Everything is working now, although to get access to the containers' UI (NZBGet and Sonarr) on the LAN, their ports need to be manually specified/added. From the description, I thought that was the purpose of ADDIDIONAL_FIREWALL_INPUT_PORTS?

Not really worried about it at this point, given that it's functional; just curious.

Thanks for your help!

Just a little back story... Originally for containers on Unraid, you only needed to add the individual ports as variables to the VPN container that were needed. This was largely a security flaw within the iptables settings (the rules VPNs use to determine if traffic is allowed). With that flaw patched you still need to specify the ports in individual variables so that Unraid knows which ports go to which containers but you also add the list of ports to the ADDITIONAL_FIREWALL_INPUT_PORTS so that the VPN itself know it's OK to allow those ports to communicate into the VPN tunnel.

Also, just a heads up, I will be pushing a new template out either today to tomorrow (hopefully) that includes lots of changes. You may have to re-enter info as some of the variable names have changed to align with the dev's variable names. I understand this might break users configurations temporarily but I would rather rip the band-aid off sooner than later. :)

New Topic:

Is there an easy way to run speedtest through the GluetunVPN?

Using LibreSpeed(linuxserver), if I use the "--network=container:GluetunVPN" parameter, the container fails to install with an error

Error response from daemon: conflicting options: port publishing and the container type network mode

I just picked this speed test docker on a whim; if there's a better way to speed test the vpn, I'd be happy to hear it. I'm currently getting <1Mb/s on NBZGet, which is waaaay down from where it was a month ago. Speed to the server minus VPN is 900Mb/s.

Trying to track down what's changed...

1 hour ago, ainuke said:
Error response from daemon: conflicting options: port publishing and the container type network mode

That looks like 2 issues. 

1. Make sure you set the Network Type drop-down to None
  2. Looks like the port used for LibreSpeed is either attached to both the LibreSpeed and Gluetun containers or the port is already in use by something else.

The simplest way is to open the terminal for the container and run the below command

apk add speedtest-cli && speedtest-cli

image.png.d90f77a772f367cccf9fcdca613a7520.png

2 hours ago, biggiesize said:

That looks like 2 issues. 

1. Make sure you set the Network Type drop-down to None
  2. Looks like the port used for LibreSpeed is either attached to both the LibreSpeed and Gluetun containers or the port is already in use by something else.

The simplest way is to open the terminal for the container and run the below command

apk add speedtest-cli && speedtest-cli

image.png.d90f77a772f367cccf9fcdca613a7520.png

Thank you so much!

All sorted now.

Erik

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

last update broke my instance of Gluetun, the container seems in shutdown loop: 

2021/09/30 09:59:05 INFO Shutdown successful
2021/09/30 09:59:06 ERROR cannot read servers from file: json: cannot unmarshal string into Go struct field ProtonvpnServer.protonvpn.servers.exit_ip of type []net.IP

2021/09/30 09:59:06 INFO Shutdown successful
2021/09/30 09:59:06 ERROR cannot read servers from file: json: cannot unmarshal string into Go struct field ProtonvpnServer.protonvpn.servers.exit_ip of type []net.IP

2021/09/30 09:59:06 INFO Shutdown successful
2021/09/30 09:59:07 ERROR cannot read servers from file: json: cannot unmarshal string into Go struct field ProtonvpnServer.protonvpn.servers.exit_ip of type []net.IP

2021/09/30 09:59:07 INFO Shutdown successful
2021/09/30 09:59:09 ERROR cannot read servers from file: json: cannot unmarshal string into Go struct field ProtonvpnServer.protonvpn.servers.exit_ip of type []net.IP

2021/09/30 09:59:09 INFO Shutdown successful
2021/09/30 09:59:11 ERROR cannot read servers from file: json: cannot unmarshal string into Go struct field ProtonvpnServer.protonvpn.servers.exit_ip of type []net.IP

2021/09/30 09:59:11 INFO Shutdown successful
2021/09/30 09:59:15 ERROR cannot read servers from file: json: cannot unmarshal string into Go struct field ProtonvpnServer.protonvpn.servers.exit_ip of type []net.IP

2021/09/30 09:59:15 INFO Shutdown successful
2021/09/30 09:59:22 ERROR cannot read servers from file: json: cannot unmarshal string into Go struct field ProtonvpnServer.protonvpn.servers.exit_ip of type []net.IP

2021/09/30 09:59:22 INFO Shutdown successful
2021/09/30 09:59:35 ERROR cannot read servers from file: json: cannot unmarshal string into Go struct field ProtonvpnServer.protonvpn.servers.exit_ip of type []net.IP

2021/09/30 09:59:35 INFO Shutdown successful
2021/09/30 10:00:01 ERROR cannot read servers from file: json: cannot unmarshal string into Go struct field ProtonvpnServer.protonvpn.servers.exit_ip of type []net.IP

2021/09/30 10:00:01 INFO Shutdown successful
2021/09/30 10:00:53 ERROR cannot read servers from file: json: cannot unmarshal string into Go struct field ProtonvpnServer.protonvpn.servers.exit_ip of type []net.IP

2021/09/30 10:00:53 INFO Shutdown successful
2021/09/30 10:01:54 ERROR cannot read servers from file: json: cannot unmarshal string into Go struct field ProtonvpnServer.protonvpn.servers.exit_ip of type []net.IP

2021/09/30 10:01:54 INFO Shutdown successful
2021/09/30 10:02:54 ERROR cannot read servers from file: json: cannot unmarshal string into Go struct field ProtonvpnServer.protonvpn.servers.exit_ip of type []net.IP

Anyone else with the same issue?

Hej, I have the same problem, Gluetun was updated shortly and now I am getting the following error messages.

2021/09/30 12:41:29 ERROR cannot read servers from file: json: cannot unmarshal string into Go struct field ProtonvpnServer.protonvpn.servers.exit_ip of type []net.IP

2021/09/30 12:41:29 INFO Shutdown successful
2021/09/30 12:43:03 ERROR cannot read servers from file: json: cannot unmarshal string into Go struct field ProtonvpnServer.protonvpn.servers.exit_ip of type []net.IP

2021/09/30 12:43:03 INFO Shutdown successful

Hello all. Im trying to set up the container to work with ProtonVPN. There are a lot of config options in the container template; I dont know which are required or not. Im wanting to use the container as a proxy for certain browsers on some of my devices. I was hoping that I could use my local PiHole for DNS/Adblocking if at all possible. Anyone able to share a sanitised version of their config?Hello all. Im trying to set up the container to work with ProtonVPN. There are a lot of config options in the container template; I dont know which are required or not. Im wanting to use the container as a proxy for certain browsers on some of my devices. I was hoping that I could use my local PiHole for DNS/Adblocking if at all possible. Anyone able to share a sanitised version of their config?

9 hours ago, darrenyorston said:

Hello all. Im trying to set up the container to work with ProtonVPN. There are a lot of config options in the container template; I dont know which are required or not. Im wanting to use the container as a proxy for certain browsers on some of my devices. I was hoping that I could use my local PiHole for DNS/Adblocking if at all possible. Anyone able to share a sanitised version of their config?

Hello there :)

Other than the variables marked as required in the template, for ProtonVPN you need to set these variables:

VPNSP=protonvpn

OPENVPN_USER

OPENVPN_PASSWORD

I don't see why you couldn't use PiHole for that purpose. You would need to set these variables:

DOT=off

DNS_PLAINTEXT_ADDRESS=<PiHole IP>

You shouldn't need to Add the variables, just change them in the template.

Also, the dev has an extensive Wiki on the various settings here:

https://github.com/qdm12/gluetun/wiki

Hello just wondering if I could get some help,

I am trying to run nzbget through Gluetunvpn, using unraid

For nzbget 

Extra Parameters: --net=container:GluetunVPN

For GlueTUNvpn

I added a port for nzbget 6789,

any everything seems good until I test the connection to the Usenetserver I get the error below

Could not resolve hostname news.usenetserver.com: Error -2 - Name or service not known

the nzbget container can resolve the hostname just fine when it is not routed through gluetunvpn,

any help would be good thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, First thank you for your work on these apps.

I'm trying to use ddns-updater with Dreamhost. I have it working, however, when I try to use the host: directive in the config.json file, it yells at me that only "@" is supported. Am I unable to update other hostnames such as www.domain.com instead of juse domain.com?

Thank you!

55 minutes ago, Enphor said:

Hello, First thank you for your work on these apps.

I'm trying to use ddns-updater with Dreamhost. I have it working, however, when I try to use the host: directive in the config.json file, it yells at me that only "@" is supported. Am I unable to update other hostnames such as www.domain.com instead of juse domain.com?

Thank you!

Unfortunately, I dont know the correct answer to your question. It may be for your provider @ is the only supported record. Below is a link to the example config the dev has provided, along with the available settings, specifically for Dreamhost.

You can always open an issue on the Github repo with your question. The dev is usually good about working through those quickly.

Also, something I just thought of is make sure the record your trying to update is an A or AAAA record. CNAME records are not yet supported but are in the roadmap.

https://github.com/qdm12/ddns-updater/blob/master/docs/dreamhost.md

3 hours ago, biggiesize said:

Unfortunately, I dont know the correct answer to your question. It may be for your provider @ is the only supported record. Below is a link to the example config the dev has provided, along with the available settings, specifically for Dreamhost.

You can always open an issue on the Github repo with your question. The dev is usually good about working through those quickly.

Also, something I just thought of is make sure the record your trying to update is an A or AAAA record. CNAME records are not yet supported but are in the roadmap.

https://github.com/qdm12/ddns-updater/blob/master/docs/dreamhost.md

Thank you , I know for certain that the Dreamhost API allows for full control of the records. I was using it with pfsense DDNS setup successfully for multiple A records. I'll see about opening an issue on the Github repo, thank you for your response!

• 2 weeks later...

Any idea why I get "OCI runtime exec failed: exec failed: container_linux.go:367: starting container process caused: exec: "bash": executable file not found in $PATH: unknown" when I try the Console?  I mean it looks like the container path, but I don't know why that would be not already working, and I have no idea how to change it.  I can send docker commands. Tried installing 'bash' that way, and the install worked fine, but bash actually missing doesn't appear to be the issue.

Thanks for all your work on this! It's the only good solution for my setup and I'd be SOL without it.

50 minutes ago, docfallingapart said:

OCI runtime exec failed: exec failed: container_linux.go:367: starting container process caused: exec: "bash": executable file not found in $PATH: unknown

I believe he only uses /bin/sh and not bash in the container. Only thing I can think of ATM is the "Console shell command" field in the container settings is "bash" instead of "shell".

• 2 weeks later...
root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='ddns-updater' --net='bridge' -e TZ="Europe/Athens" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e HOST_HOSTNAME="quasar-ultima" -e HOST_CONTAINERNAME="ddns-updater" -e 'TZ'='Europe/Athens' -e 'PUBLICIP_FETCHERS'='all' -e 'PUBLICIP_HTTP_PROVIDERS'='all' -e 'PUBLICIPV4_HTTP_PROVIDERS'='all' -e 'PUBLICIPV6_HTTP_PROVIDERS'='all' -e 'PUBLICIP_DNS_PROVIDERS'='all' -e 'PUBLICIP_DNS_TIMEOUT'='3s' -e 'UPDATE_COOLDOWN_PERIOD'='5m' -e 'HTTP_TIMEOUT'='10s' -e 'BACKUP_PERIOD'='0' -e 'LOG_LEVEL'='info' -e 'LOG_CALLER'='hidden' -e 'ROOT_URL'='/' -e 'SHOUTRRR_ADDRESSES'='' -e 'HEALTH_SERVER_ADDRESS'='127.0.0.1:9999' -l net.unraid.docker.managed=dockerman -l net.unraid.docker.webui='http://[IP]:[PORT:8000]' -l net.unraid.docker.icon='https://github.com/DiamondPrecisionComputing/unraid-templates/blob/main/templates/img/ddnsgopher.png?raw=true' -p '8001:8000/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/ddns-updater':'/updater/data':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/ddns-updater/backup':'/updater/data':'rw' 'qmcgaw/ddns-updater'
docker: Error response from daemon: Duplicate mount point: /updater/data.
See 'docker run --help'.

The command failed.

So it seems to want to use /updater/data both for the normal and the backup directory.

I cannot edit the script BUT I run the command above myself with the proper changes.
Seems to run fine, when I changed the second path to /updater/data/backups.

Yet this needs to be fixed properly.

Edited by NLS
3 hours ago, NLS said:
root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='ddns-updater' --net='bridge' -e TZ="Europe/Athens" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e HOST_HOSTNAME="quasar-ultima" -e HOST_CONTAINERNAME="ddns-updater" -e 'TZ'='Europe/Athens' -e 'PUBLICIP_FETCHERS'='all' -e 'PUBLICIP_HTTP_PROVIDERS'='all' -e 'PUBLICIPV4_HTTP_PROVIDERS'='all' -e 'PUBLICIPV6_HTTP_PROVIDERS'='all' -e 'PUBLICIP_DNS_PROVIDERS'='all' -e 'PUBLICIP_DNS_TIMEOUT'='3s' -e 'UPDATE_COOLDOWN_PERIOD'='5m' -e 'HTTP_TIMEOUT'='10s' -e 'BACKUP_PERIOD'='0' -e 'LOG_LEVEL'='info' -e 'LOG_CALLER'='hidden' -e 'ROOT_URL'='/' -e 'SHOUTRRR_ADDRESSES'='' -e 'HEALTH_SERVER_ADDRESS'='127.0.0.1:9999' -l net.unraid.docker.managed=dockerman -l net.unraid.docker.webui='http://[IP]:[PORT:8000]' -l net.unraid.docker.icon='https://github.com/DiamondPrecisionComputing/unraid-templates/blob/main/templates/img/ddnsgopher.png?raw=true' -p '8001:8000/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/ddns-updater':'/updater/data':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/ddns-updater/backup':'/updater/data':'rw' 'qmcgaw/ddns-updater'
docker: Error response from daemon: Duplicate mount point: /updater/data.
See 'docker run --help'.

The command failed.

So it seems to want to use /updater/data both for the normal and the backup directory.

I cannot edit the script BUT I run the command above myself with the proper changes.
Seems to run fine, when I changed the second path to /updater/data/backups.

Yet this needs to be fixed properly.

Thank you for catching this. That shouldn't be a folder redirect but instead a variable location. I have tested the correction and pushed the updated config. Should be fixed the next time CA runs the scan for config changes.

• 2 weeks later...