[SUPPORT] DiamondPrecisionComputing - ALL IMAGES AND FILES

8 minutes ago, Marshalleq said:

So the container installed easily enough.  What are people doing for a torrent application?  I'd rather have this on unraid than on my local machine - any votes for best container?  Thanks.

I'm glad that everything went smoothly for you so far. Personally, for torrenting, I use qbittorrent from the LinuxServer guys with the VueTorrent WebUI but I have also used Deluge from Binhex. Either are excellent choices. It really depends on your personal preference.

11 minutes ago, Marshalleq said:

Thanks, so linking those with this, they both support using a proxy?  I've been using all in one containers up til now, but some recent changes in the binhex one has made me look elsewhere.

They do support using a proxy but the safer option is to use the gluetun container as the network option. There are a few extra steps with ports and such but there are some excellent resources out there that show how to accomplish it. Here are a couple of resources.

https://github.com/qdm12/gluetun/wiki/Connect-a-container-to-gluetun

• 4 weeks later...

Hello thanks for the docker, but i have the problem that i can not route other container trough it.

i have setup the container (maybe there is a beginner friendly tutorial somewhere).

have manually setup a custom network named gluevpn

deleted the ports from the other containers and created the standard port in gluetun (as a new port), but it will not work

41 minutes ago, Ruffy said:

Hello thanks for the docker, but i have the problem that i can not route other container trough it.

i have setup the container (maybe there is a beginner friendly tutorial somewhere).

have manually setup a custom network named gluevpn

deleted the ports from the other containers and created the standard port in gluetun (as a new port), but it will not work

Did you also put the port in the FIREWALL_VPN_INPUT_PORTS variable?

I have the docker up and running.  I've added ports for sonarr, jacket, nzbget, qbittornet.

Each docker can access the internet and I have verified it has the VPN IP address.  Each docker works with its interface to the internet.  Sonarr can find TV series, qbittorren is downloading torrents, etc.

However, Sonarr cannot access the downloaders, nor jacket any longer.  they just timeout.  So I'm missing the piece that integrates them together.

I must have messed something up.

Suggestions?

thanks

david

9 minutes ago, lovingHDTV said:

I have the docker up and running.  I've added ports for sonarr, jacket, nzbget, qbittornet.

Each docker can access the internet and I have verified it has the VPN IP address.  Each docker works with its interface to the internet.  Sonarr can find TV series, qbittorren is downloading torrents, etc.

However, Sonarr cannot access the downloaders, nor jacket any longer.  they just timeout.  So I'm missing the piece that integrates them together.

I must have messed something up.

Suggestions?

thanks

david

Why do I find the answer 5 minutes after posting?  I looked for an hour . . .

Anyway for someone else that may have the same issue.  You need to add the FIREWALL_OUTBOUND_SUBNETS

Things are running fine now.  Sonarr can successfully send requests to qbittorrent and nzbget and import the resulting downloads.

In order to get nzbget to work I had to disable DOT.  When I enable DOT, nslookup in GluetunVPN, nzbget and the other dockers it fails to work. I get the following:

sh-5.1# nslookup secure.usenetserver.com
Server:         127.0.0.1
Address:        127.0.0.1#53

** server can't find secure.usenetserver.com: NXDOMAIN

sh-5.1# nslookup www.google.com

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:   www.google.com
Address: 142.250.191.196
Address: 2607:f8b0:4009:81a::2004

This is true for the two docker I have that have nslookup installed.  My DOT settings are fairly default.  I just changed to quad9.

image.thumb.png.03648c90c3377d87099a8c531efd9713.png

Is there something I need to change in each docker to get this to work?

If I run it on the unraid machine I get:

root@tower:/mnt/cache/appdata/gluetun# nslookup secure.usenetserver.com
Server:         192.168.1.1
Address:        192.168.1.1#53

secure.usenetserver.com canonical name = news.usenetserver.com.
news.usenetserver.com   canonical name = us.na.news.geo.usenetserver.com.
us.na.news.geo.usenetserver.com canonical name = news.iad.usenetserver.com.
Name:   news.iad.usenetserver.com
Address: 85.12.62.221
Address: 85.12.62.240

thanks

Edited by lovingHDTV
7 hours ago, lovingHDTV said:

Things are running fine now.  Sonarr can successfully send requests to qbittorrent and nzbget and import the resulting downloads.

In order to get nzbget to work I had to disable DOT.  When I enable DOT, nslookup in GluetunVPN, nzbget and the other dockers it fails to work. I get the following:

sh-5.1# nslookup secure.usenetserver.com

** server can't find secure.usenetserver.com: NXDOMAIN

sh-5.1# nslookup www.google.com

Address: 142.250.191.196
Address: 2607:f8b0:4009:81a::2004

This is true for the two docker I have that have nslookup installed.  My DOT settings are fairly default.  I just changed to quad9.

image.thumb.png.03648c90c3377d87099a8c531efd9713.png

Is there something I need to change in each docker to get this to work?

If I run it on the unraid machine I get:

root@tower:/mnt/cache/appdata/gluetun# nslookup secure.usenetserver.com
Server:         192.168.1.1
Address:        192.168.1.1#53

secure.usenetserver.com canonical name = news.usenetserver.com.
news.usenetserver.com   canonical name = us.na.news.geo.usenetserver.com.
us.na.news.geo.usenetserver.com canonical name = news.iad.usenetserver.com.
Address: 85.12.62.221
Address: 85.12.62.240

thanks

I'm assuming that BLOCK_MALICIOUS is set to "ON" for the Unbound DNS resolver, which it really should be for security reasons as it blocks IPs and hostnames for malicious sites. Usenetserver is a common false positive. You can simply put "usenetserver.com" (without quotes) in the UNBLOCK variable and it will resolve the issue.

Tha

2 hours ago, biggiesize said:

I'm assuming that BLOCK_MALICIOUS is set to "ON" for the Unbound DNS resolver, which it really should be for security reasons as it blocks IPs and hostnames for malicious sites. Usenetserver is a common false positive. You can simply put "usenetserver.com" (without quotes) in the UNBLOCK variable and it will resolve the issue.

That worked fine.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

HELP!?

ddns-updater stopped working.

When I start the container, it just immediately stops.

No errors pop up.

I removed (and the image) and reinstalled from user template (that worked fine from months).

Same thing.

Any ideas?

How can I debug this?

I need this functionality.

4 hours ago, NLS said:

HELP!?

No errors pop up.

I removed (and the image) and reinstalled from user template (that worked fine from months).

Same thing.

Any ideas?

How can I debug this?

Hmmm...have seen that one yet. Is there anything in the logs? Have you tried creating it under a different app name?

4 hours ago, NLS said:

HELP!?

No errors pop up.

Same thing.

Any ideas?

How can I debug this?

Hmmm, haven't seen that one yet. Is there anything in the logs? Have you tried creating it under a different app name?

4 hours ago, biggiesize said:

Hmmm, haven't seen that one yet. Is there anything in the logs? Have you tried creating it under a different app name?

Just change the name? No, I will try.

I cannot see the logs (through the menu at least), as since the container is off, the log window just pops and closes.

Is there another way to find logs for it?

8 hours ago, NLS said:

Just change the name? No, I will try.

I cannot see the logs (through the menu at least), as since the container is off, the log window just pops and closes.

Is there another way to find logs for it?

Yes, but first, try to start the container just so it will be towards the end of the logs. Go to Tools->Diagnostics. At the bottom of the page there should be a download button (make sure anonymize is checked) and upload the here so I can take a closer look.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, biggiesize said:

Yes, but first, try to start the container just so it will be towards the end of the logs. Go to Tools->Diagnostics. At the bottom of the page there should be a download button (make sure anonymize is checked) and upload the here so I can take a closer look.

I *think* there is no mention about ddns-updater container anywhere - but I can assure you I have it in my list of installed containers, I even removed it and re-added it 3 times.

quasar-ultima-diagnostics-20220113-1525-anon.zip