[SUPPORT] DiamondPrecisionComputing - ALL IMAGES AND FILES

6 hours ago, NLS said:

I *think* there is no mention about ddns-updater container anywhere - but I can assure you I have it in my list of installed containers, I even removed it and re-added it 3 times.

quasar-ultima-diagnostics-20220113-1525-anon.zip 228.86 kB · 0 downloads

I agree, I don't see any mentions specifically in the logs. There is a lot of NGINX chatter which may lead to the syslog filling up.

I did notice that the logs indicate there is only 400MB RAM free. That could cause issues but not certain. I'm curious to see if you stop some other containers if gluetun will start. Also, can you check the dashboard and see the docker image utilization and if it is full? I think it should be under Memory.

We could also check if the app is throwing an error when starting. You can open up a terminal window and run: docker run gluetun

The app name will obviously be whatever you named the container. If it does give an error it should show in the terminal window.

Edited by biggiesize
Added info
46 minutes ago, biggiesize said:

I agree, I don't see any mentions specifically in the logs. There is a lot of NGINX chatter which may lead to the syslog filling up.

I did notice that the logs indicate there is only 400MB RAM free. That could cause issues but not certain. I'm curious to see if you stop some other containers if gluetun will start. Also, can you check the dashboard and see the docker image utilization and if it is full? I think it should be under Memory.

We could also check if the app is throwing an error when starting. You can open up a terminal window and run: docker run gluetun

The app name will obviously be whatever you named the container. If it does give an error it should show in the terminal window.

I know about NGINX, but I haven't yet found time to deal with that. It CAN happen to fill the logs (I have deleted them manually twice).

No the system normally has more RAM free. It is not a RAM issue.

docker run gluetun? Exactly like that?

Unable to find image 'gluetun:latest' locally

docker run ddns-updater

Unable to find image 'ddns-updater:latest' locally

...I am sure I do something wrong.

11 minutes ago, NLS said:

I know about NGINX, but I haven't yet found time to deal with that. It CAN happen to fill the logs (I have deleted them manually twice).

No the system normally has more RAM free. It is not a RAM issue.

docker run gluetun? Exactly like that?

Unable to find image 'gluetun:latest' locally

docker run ddns-updater

Unable to find image 'ddns-updater:latest' locally

...I am sure I do something wrong.

Sorry...I gave the wrong command... It SHOULD be, exactly:

docker start gluetun

15 minutes ago, biggiesize said:

Sorry...I gave the wrong command... It SHOULD be, exactly:

docker start gluetun

Error response from daemon: No such container: gluetun

I assume you meant:

docker start ddns-updater

...which producted this:
ddns-updater

...and then back to command prompt.

And no, the container doesn't actually start.

How can I try an older version maybe?

29 minutes ago, NLS said:

Error response from daemon: No such container: gluetun

I assume you meant:

docker start ddns-updater

...which producted this:
ddns-updater

...and then back to command prompt.

And no, the container doesn't actually start.

How can I try an older version maybe?

From that description, since it didn't give an error, it sounds like the app is starting and then immediately stopping.

Yes you can test an older version. For ddns-updater, edit the container and for the repository put: qmcgaw/ddns-updater:v2.4.0

Edited by biggiesize
40 minutes ago, biggiesize said:

From that description, since it didn't give an error, it sounds like the app is starting and then immediately stopping.

Yes you can test an older version. For ddns-updater, edit the container and for the repository put: qmcgaw/ddns-updater:v2.4.0

It pulled 2.4.0 fine... but same reaction. Start and immediately exit.

Note:

- This container worked fine before and I didn't touch it.

- I have many more containers that work fine.

- This is probably important (oups): I am on 6.10.0-rc3c.

4 minutes ago, NLS said:

I am on 6.10.0-rc3c.

Yeah I was curious about that. AFAIK public release is still on rc2 but I could be wrong.

Either way, I am not sure where to go from here. I don't think it's an app problem so much as it is a generic container problem. I would probably post something in the General Help section and have one of the mods look at the logs. They will have a much better knowledge base than I do. If they do deem it an issue with the app then I will try to engage the dev. I will always try to help in anyway I possibly can. I apologize for you facing this issue and me not being able to resolve it for you.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, biggiesize said:

Yeah I was curious about that. AFAIK public release is still on rc2 but I could be wrong.

Either way, I am not sure where to go from here. I don't think it's an app problem so much as it is a generic container problem. I would probably post something in the General Help section and have one of the mods look at the logs. They will have a much better knowledge base than I do. If they do deem it an issue with the app then I will try to engage the dev. I will always try to help in anyway I possibly can. I apologize for you facing this issue and me not being able to resolve it for you.

Man thanks for your effort.
You don't have to apologize!

21 hours ago, biggiesize said:

Are you on RC2? Maybe you could try RC3c?

It could be some backbone update that conflicts with the container.

In that case I am sure the devs would be interested to know.

Edited by NLS

Hello. I have been using GluetunVPN successfully for awhile now. However, this morning when I went to use a browser which was using GluetunVPN I received an error. Upon looking at my containers it appears the container has been removed from my system, though I did not do it. Looking at the unRAID logs I can see the following:

Jan 16 01:00:01 Tower Plugin Auto Update: Checking for available plugin updates Jan 16 01:00:06 Tower Plugin Auto Update: unassigned.devices.plg version 2022.01.15 does not meet age requirements to update Jan 16 01:00:06 Tower Plugin Auto Update: Checking for language updates Jan 16 01:00:06 Tower Plugin Auto Update: Community Applications Plugin Auto Update finished Jan 16 02:00:01 Tower Docker Auto Update: Community Applications Docker Autoupdate running Jan 16 02:00:01 Tower Docker Auto Update: Checking for available updates Jan 16 02:01:19 Tower Docker Auto Update: Stopping Thunderbird Jan 16 02:01:21 Tower kernel: br-92a4b7e2cd0e: port 15(vetha2f1c80) entered disabled state Jan 16 02:01:21 Tower kernel: veth48e0c6f: renamed from eth0 Jan 16 02:01:21 Tower kernel: br-92a4b7e2cd0e: port 15(vetha2f1c80) entered disabled state Jan 16 02:01:21 Tower kernel: device vetha2f1c80 left promiscuous mode Jan 16 02:01:21 Tower kernel: br-92a4b7e2cd0e: port 15(vetha2f1c80) entered disabled state Jan 16 02:01:21 Tower Docker Auto Update: Stopping GluetunVPN Jan 16 02:01:22 Tower kernel: docker0: port 1(veth33f7aaf) entered disabled state Jan 16 02:01:22 Tower kernel: vethc33b19e: renamed from eth0 Jan 16 02:01:22 Tower kernel: docker0: port 1(veth33f7aaf) entered disabled state Jan 16 02:01:22 Tower kernel: device veth33f7aaf left promiscuous mode Jan 16 02:01:22 Tower kernel: docker0: port 1(veth33f7aaf) entered disabled state Jan 16 02:01:22 Tower Docker Auto Update: Stopping redis Jan 16 02:01:22 Tower kernel: br-92a4b7e2cd0e: port 9(veth5b87852) entered disabled state Jan 16 02:01:22 Tower kernel: veth6afa664: renamed from eth0 Jan 16 02:01:22 Tower kernel: br-92a4b7e2cd0e: port 9(veth5b87852) entered disabled state Jan 16 02:01:22 Tower kernel: device veth5b87852 left promiscuous mode Jan 16 02:01:22 Tower kernel: br-92a4b7e2cd0e: port 9(veth5b87852) entered disabled state Jan 16 02:01:22 Tower Docker Auto Update: Installing Updates for Thunderbird GluetunVPN redis Jan 16 02:01:44 Tower Docker Auto Update: Restarting Thunderbird Jan 16 02:01:44 Tower kernel: br-92a4b7e2cd0e: port 9(vethf1f6747) entered blocking state Jan 16 02:01:44 Tower kernel: br-92a4b7e2cd0e: port 9(vethf1f6747) entered disabled state Jan 16 02:01:44 Tower kernel: device vethf1f6747 entered promiscuous mode Jan 16 02:01:44 Tower kernel: eth0: renamed from veth15ea6ed Jan 16 02:01:44 Tower kernel: IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): vethf1f6747: link becomes ready Jan 16 02:01:44 Tower kernel: br-92a4b7e2cd0e: port 9(vethf1f6747) entered blocking state Jan 16 02:01:44 Tower kernel: br-92a4b7e2cd0e: port 9(vethf1f6747) entered forwarding state Jan 16 02:01:44 Tower Docker Auto Update: Restarting GluetunVPN Jan 16 02:01:44 Tower Docker Auto Update: Restarting redis

There is no mention of GluetunVPN beign removed however it ius no longer showing as installed. How could this happen? I am a little concerned that modifications to my server could happen this way, without atleast being prompted.

11 minutes ago, darrenyorston said:

Hello. I have been using GluetunVPN successfully for awhile now. However, this morning when I went to use a browser which was using GluetunVPN I received an error. Upon looking at my containers it appears the container has been removed from my system, though I did not do it.

There is no mention of GluetunVPN beign removed however it ius no longer showing as installed. How could this happen? I am a little concerned that modifications to my server could happen this way, without atleast being prompted.

I have not seen glutetun be removed after an update. Can you reinstall it through the appstore? You should be able to find it under previous apps and it maintain your settings.

Could possibly be startup order. Make sure that glutun starts before all the apps that use it for network.

2 hours ago, biggiesize said:

I have not seen glutetun be removed after an update. Can you reinstall it through the appstore? You should be able to find it under previous apps and it maintain your settings.

Could possibly be startup order. Make sure that glutun starts before all the apps that use it for network.

Hello. Yes I can reinstall the container. It is a brand new install though. Interestingly there remains a gluetun fodler within appdata but it only contains a servers.json file. Are there any other unRAID logs which would record the containers deletion. By the system log GluetunVPN was updated at 020122 Jan 16 and restarted at 020144. Community Applications ran autoupdate at 020145. Could the Community Applications update have removed the container?

33 minutes ago, darrenyorston said:

Hello. Yes I can reinstall the container. It is a brand new install though. Interestingly there remains a gluetun fodler within appdata but it only contains a servers.json file. Are there any other unRAID logs which would record the containers deletion. By the system log GluetunVPN was updated at 020122 Jan 16 and restarted at 020144. Community Applications ran autoupdate at 020145. Could the Community Applications update have removed the container?

Pretty sure the only logs that would show deletion would be the system logs. The application logs only show what runs inside the container. You can got to Tools->Diagnostics and download the logs for me to look at. Make sure to check the box for anonymity. 

Seconding the issue, however unlike darrenyorston I am completely unable to reinstall the GluetunVPN container. The container disappeared for me after an update this morning, and fails with an error on reinstall. I reported on github here but seems I should have reported here first instead. Clearing the old files from my appdata folder made no difference.

This issue is urgent for me because I'm unable to reinstall the container, thus my dockers relying on GluetunVPN are down until then.

vault-diagnostics-20220115-2338.zip

image.png

Edited by Seltonu
1 hour ago, Seltonu said:

Seconding the issue, however unlike darrenyorston I am completely unable to reinstall the GluetunVPN container. The container disappeared for me after an update this morning, and fails with an error on reinstall. I reported on github here but seems I should have reported here first instead. Clearing the old files from my appdata folder made no difference.

This issue is urgent for me because I'm unable to reinstall the container, thus my dockers relying on GluetunVPN are down until then.

vault-diagnostics-20220115-2338.zip 100.04 kB · 0 downloads

image.png

I just pushed a change to the template that I believe should fix your install error. The appstore should pick up the new template in ~30 minutes. 

Trying to setup nzbget and radarr running through GluetunVPN Container. As long if only nzbget is using the VPN container everything is working fine, but when I force radarr to use the VPN container as well it is not working anymore and Radarr cannot communicate with nzbget anymore. I already tried using external parameters (--net:conatiner:xyz) as well as setting up a new docker network.

Any ideas?!

4 hours ago, monarc said:

Trying to setup nzbget and radarr running through GluetunVPN Container. As long if only nzbget is using the VPN container everything is working fine, but when I force radarr to use the VPN container as well it is not working anymore and Radarr cannot communicate with nzbget anymore. I already tried using external parameters (--net:conatiner:xyz) as well as setting up a new docker network.

Any ideas?!

Can you send me screenshots of the configs for gluetun, radarr and nzbget? Make sure to hide any sensitive info like IPs, Usernames and passwords.

7 hours ago, monarc said:

Which config pieces from gluetun are you looking for, since it is really long!? Below the port mappings. GUI is working fine for them.

Did you place those ports in both FIREWALL_VPN_INPUT_PORTS and FIREWALL_INPUT_PORTS. Also, did you place your local subnet in FIREWALL_OUTBOUND_SUBNETS?

• Like 1