[SUPPORT] DiamondPrecisionComputing - ALL IMAGES AND FILES

5 hours ago, cpu said:

@biggiesize looks like something is broken in latest gluetunvpn as on same config it does not start / nothing in logs either. Went back to pr-1268 so previous tag and it's all working again - can you have a look? As for my config - regular PIA via OpenVPN nothing special added.

37 minutes ago, McticulousC said:

@biggiesize Same problem here as @cpu Regular PIA via OpenVPN had to fall back to pr-1268 to restore functionality.

I have the same issue with a different service provider and reverting back also works for me. I have opened an issue for this latest release.
https://github.com/qdm12/gluetun/issues/1428

• 1 month later...

Hey there guys.

Is ShadowSocks broken at the moment? Is that the reason SHADOWSOCKS_PORT settings have been removed from the template?

I manually added them but cannot get it to work for the life of me. Tinyproxy is working fine and dandy (the HTTP proxy).

I know ShadowSocks is definitely doing something because if say I set up Jackett to use SOCKS5 proxy and point it at ShadowSocks, I get a timeout. This is a different result than say if there was a misconfiguration which simply insta-fails. I've also tried connecting via ShadowSocks client for Windows and nothing happens.

I've got logging on for both HTTP Proxy and ShadowSocks to check for traffic. HTTP works flawlessly and ShadowSocks has zero activity.

One strange thing I've noticed, is that as soon as I switch Jackett from SOCKS5 to HTTP proxy and press save, the Gluetun logs return this:

ERROR [shadowsocks] cannot obtain target address: unexpected EOF

That's the only activity I can get it to throw

Edited by Avsynthe
9 hours ago, Avsynthe said:

Hey there guys.

Is ShadowSocks broken at the moment? Is that the reason SHADOWSOCKS_PORT settings have been removed from the template?

I manually added them but cannot get it to work for the life of me. Tinyproxy is working fine and dandy (the HTTP proxy).

I know ShadowSocks is definitely doing something because if say I set up Jackett to use SOCKS5 proxy and point it at ShadowSocks, I get a timeout. This is a different result than say if there was a misconfiguration which simply insta-fails. I've also tried connecting via ShadowSocks client for Windows and nothing happens.

I've got logging on for both HTTP Proxy and ShadowSocks to check for traffic. HTTP works flawlessly and ShadowSocks has zero activity.

One strange thing I've noticed, is that as soon as I switch Jackett from SOCKS5 to HTTP proxy and press save, the Gluetun logs return this:

ERROR [shadowsocks] cannot obtain target address: unexpected EOF

That's the only activity I can get it to throw

The ShadowSocks port is set by SHADOWSOCKS_ADDRESS

https://github.com/qdm12/gluetun/wiki/Shadowsocks-options

7 hours ago, biggiesize said:

The ShadowSocks port is set by SHADOWSOCKS_ADDRESS

https://github.com/qdm12/gluetun/wiki/Shadowsocks-options

Thanks for the response. I'm a little confused as to how to utilise the port. I did notice that variable instantly, but it's just that, a variable. Forgive my ignorance but that would seem a little like magic wouldn't it? Port 8388 isn't mapped to be exposed on the container in any.

I also noticed the key for that variable entry is set as ":8388" and not "SHADOWSOCKS_ADDRESS". Not sure if that changes anything. Or is there a mistake in the template where this variable is meant to be a port? And how would a single entry differentiate between TCP and UDP?

Also, is a password mandatory for ShadowSocks? I noticed I can't leave the field blank on the Windows client, though the template field isn't set to required.

Edited by Avsynthe
15 hours ago, Avsynthe said:

Thanks for the response. I'm a little confused as to how to utilise the port. I did notice that variable instantly, but it's just that, a variable. Forgive my ignorance but that would seem a little like magic wouldn't it? Port 8388 isn't mapped to be exposed on the container in any.

I also noticed the key for that variable entry is set as ":8388" and not "SHADOWSOCKS_ADDRESS". Not sure if that changes anything. Or is there a mistake in the template where this variable is meant to be a port? And how would a single entry differentiate between TCP and UDP?

Also, is a password mandatory for ShadowSocks? I noticed I can't leave the field blank on the Windows client, though the template field isn't set to required.

The template uses the SHADOWSOCKS_LISTENING_ADDRESS variable which also works. It is intended to be a variable and not a port. It must be in the form of :<port#> (e.g. :8388). As this port is user defined it is not included in the template by default and needs to be added twice. Once for TCP and once for UDP.

The password is not optional if you enable ShadowSocks. It just didn't make sense to add the variable in the template and make it mandatory when most people will not use it.

On 4/5/2023 at 11:52 PM, biggiesize said:

The template uses the SHADOWSOCKS_LISTENING_ADDRESS variable which also works. It is intended to be a variable and not a port. It must be in the form of :<port#> (e.g. :8388). As this port is user defined it is not included in the template by default and needs to be added twice. Once for TCP and once for UDP.

The password is not optional if you enable ShadowSocks. It just didn't make sense to add the variable in the template and make it mandatory when most people will not use it.

OK perfect, thanks for the info. I'll test again tomorrow, but from what you've said, everything is configured correctly and I'm unable to connect to ShadowSocks from Windows using the ShadowSocks client or other containers using SOCKS5. 

The logs remain blank with no activity, and I receive a different error message from containers when it's improperly set up. So they're definitely seeing it and attempting to connect, it's just failing for some reason.

35 minutes ago, Avsynthe said:

OK perfect, thanks for the info. I'll test again tomorrow, but from what you've said, everything is configured correctly and I'm unable to connect to ShadowSocks from Windows using the ShadowSocks client or other containers using SOCKS5. 

The logs remain blank with no activity, and I receive a different error message from containers when it's improperly set up. So they're definitely seeing it and attempting to connect, it's just failing for some reason.

See if changing the LOG_LEVEL variable to 'debug' and see if it gives you any useful information.

On 4/7/2023 at 2:41 AM, biggiesize said:

See if changing the LOG_LEVEL variable to 'debug' and see if it gives you any useful information.

I've managed to get SHADOWSOCKS to work. I'm not sure how but thanks for the help!

The final issue I'm having is with tinyproxy. I get these in the logs. Is this normal? API keys redacted

23-04-10T11:02:45+10:00 WARN [http proxy] cannot process request for client 172.17.0.1:40200: Get "http://192.168.0.2:8070/api/v2/app/webapiVersion": read tcp 172.17.0.2:40684->192.168.0.2:8070: read: connection reset by peer
2023-04-10T11:02:45+10:00 WARN [http proxy] cannot process request for client 172.17.0.1:40202: Get "http://192.168.0.2:8070/api/v2/app/webapiVersion": read tcp 172.17.0.2:40688->192.168.0.2:8070: read: connection reset by peer
2023-04-10T11:12:35+10:00 WARN [http proxy] cannot process request for client 172.17.0.1:53262: Get "http://172.18.0.109:8989/api/system/status?apikey=": dial tcp 172.18.0.109:8989: i/o timeout
2023-04-10T11:13:05+10:00 WARN [http proxy] cannot process request for client 172.17.0.1:56110: Get "http://172.18.0.109:8989/api/v3/system/status?apikey=": dial tcp 172.18.0.109:8989: i/o timeout
2023-04-10T11:13:35+10:00 WARN [http proxy] cannot process request for client 172.17.0.1:50442: Get "http://172.18.0.109:8989/api/v3/series/?apikey=": dial tcp 172.18.0.109:8989: i/o timeout

Edited by Avsynthe
25 minutes ago, Avsynthe said:

The final issue I'm having is with tinyproxy. I get these in the logs. Is this normal? API keys redacted

TBH I have never tried using tiny proxy with gluetun. You might try opening an issue on the github page and seeing if the dev has any ideas.

Sorry for the non-answer. I am glad you were able to get ShadowSocks working. 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

Hi -

I'm using the ddns-updater container from repository "qmcgaw/ddns-updater" via the Community Applications installer.  Just forced an update today to make sure I had the latest before posting.

This thing works gangbusters however I noticed a couple of things:

1) Docker container icon seems broken (throws an error in the Unraid syslog every time Docker management page loads)

2) The Console command from the icon menu doesn't produce a shell window.  I have "Console shell command" set to the default:  "Shell" value.  I *think* the error I'm seeing in the very brief window that pops up says:

OCI runtime exec fails: unable to start container process: "sh" executable file not found in $PATH: unknown

Thoughts?  Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2023 at 11:02 AM, mst3kroqs said:

Hi -

I'm using the ddns-updater container from repository "qmcgaw/ddns-updater" via the Community Applications installer.  Just forced an update today to make sure I had the latest before posting.

1) Docker container icon seems broken (throws an error in the Unraid syslog every time Docker management page loads)

2) The Console command from the icon menu doesn't produce a shell window.  I have "Console shell command" set to the default:  "Shell" value.  I *think* the error I'm seeing in the very brief window that pops up says:

OCI runtime exec fails: unable to start container process: "sh" executable file not found in $PATH: unknown

Thoughts?  Thanks!

I'm also noticing the same issue #2, Tried to get to a console using

docker exec -it ddns-updater bash

or sh, but it seems like there is no shell inside the container for it to run...

I have these items/questions to add to the list:

1. It seems to check the IP every 5 minutes regardless of cooldown time set. It doesn't update the dns because of the cooldown, but shouldn't it also not check if the IP changed? Seems like it might be hitting the ipinfo.io, etc. a little too often and it would be good to have some control over this.
On 4/26/2023 at 1:02 PM, mst3kroqs said:

Hi -

Thoughts?  Thanks!

1 hour ago, Gex2501 said:

I'm also noticing the same issue #2, Tried to get to a console using

docker exec -it ddns-updater bash

or sh, but it seems like there is no shell inside the container for it to run...

1. It seems to check the IP every 5 minutes regardless of cooldown time set. It doesn't update the dns because of the cooldown, but shouldn't it also not check if the IP changed? Seems like it might be hitting the ipinfo.io, etc. a little too often and it would be good to have some control over this.

My apologies as work has been taking up most of my time lately.

Issue #1 - Icon

The icon URL has just been updated in the template and should be picked up shortly.

Issue #2 - Shell

Currently there is no shell for the DDNS-Updater container. The container is essentially just the static binaries. There is a feature request open for this.

https://github.com/qdm12/ddns-updater/issues/246

2 hours ago, Gex2501 said:

I'm assuming you are referencing the UPDATE_COOLDOWN_PERIOD variable. That variable is for the DNS record check. If you want to increase the timer for the IP address check you would use the PERIOD variable.

20 hours ago, biggiesize said:

I'm assuming you are referencing the UPDATE_COOLDOWN_PERIOD variable. That variable is for the DNS record check. If you want to increase the timer for the IP address check you would use the PERIOD variable.

Ah, cool! That's what I was looking for. Should have read the github info closer. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I've updated container today and it looks like Region and Country selection for AirVPN is broken.

Gluetun is expecting Upper case first letter, but even if I enter Upper case first letter it somplains that it's a Lower case first letter.

So. in configuration I'm entering "Netherlands", but then in log it complains, that "netherlands" is not a valid option and it should be "Netherlands". Same with Europe.

Netherlands.thumb.jpg.7f4c840f7cdbf178b725f33079d439af.jpgLog1.thumb.jpg.a4afb6d1c932cec701c1c134bd71e55f.jpg

Log2.jpg

1 hour ago, Trylo said:

I've updated container today and it looks like Region and Country selection for AirVPN is broken.

Gluetun is expecting Upper case first letter, but even if I enter Upper case first letter it somplains that it's a Lower case first letter.

So. in configuration I'm entering "Netherlands", but then in log it complains, that "netherlands" is not a valid option and it should be "Netherlands". Same with Europe.

Netherlands.thumb.jpg.7f4c840f7cdbf178b725f33079d439af.jpgLog1.thumb.jpg.a4afb6d1c932cec701c1c134bd71e55f.jpg

Log2.jpg

This is a known issue with the container. It is being tracked in https://github.com/qdm12/gluetun/issues/1600. For now, you can change the repository to qmcgaw/gluetun:v3.34.1 temporarily until the issue is fixed.

• Like 1

if I have my Qbittorrent docker with webinterface 8080 for web interface  and it use Gluetun as network with vpn  how can I connect  to my Qbittorrent webinterface where should I put the port in Gluetun   sorry if it just me there slow

19 minutes ago, tola5 said:

if I have my Qbittorrent docker with webinterface 8080 for web interface  and it use Gluetun as network with vpn  how can I connect  to my Qbittorrent webinterface where should I put the port in Gluetun   sorry if it just me there slow

You will need to remove the port variable from qBittorrent, add it to Gluetun, and also add the port number to FIREWALL_VPN_INPUT_PORTS and FIREWALL_INPUT_PORTS.

19 hours ago, biggiesize said:

You will need to remove the port variable from qBittorrent, add it to Gluetun, and also add the port number to FIREWALL_VPN_INPUT_PORTS and FIREWALL_INPUT_PORTS.

thx a extra question  and it just the same with all port there are in a orginal docker right ?

On 5/25/2023 at 8:24 AM, Trylo said:

Log2.jpg

This should be fixed in qmcgaw/gluetun:latest now.

• Like 1