Flummoxed - after update of plexinc/pms-docker, cannot watch Plex on TV but can on laptop over network

Plex has been running fine on unraid for a long time. Got a notification this morning that there was an update available for Plex, so I updated it.  Seemed to go ok, but later when I tried to look at something using plex on our TV using ROKU as we always do, it said the server is not available. 

However i can still watch Plex on my laptop on the home network at https://app.plex.tv/

Tried setting IP of the server manually using TV interface. No help,

All the online internet TV stuff that Plex provides that I never use works fine. Only content on the Plex server can't be accessed, although, as I said can watch in on the laptop.

Any help would be appreciated.

1146685876_Plexerror_.thumb.jpg.84ec03f46ebad37d0c85fb3f1f689b1c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finally stumbled across the solution. How things got screwed up, I have no idea.  Plex support asked me to enable logging on the ROKU and send them the logs. Was trying to do that tonight, but could not connect to the ROKU. After much irritation, I looked at the ROKU settings and saw that the ROKU was connected to an old 5GB guest network I had long ago created for use with the ROKU but had not used in years. Switched the ROKU connection back to the 5GB network I had been using on the router and everything worked again.😝

No idea why the ROKU changed networks since the update was to the Plex server and not to the ROKU. Have disabled the guest network that caused the trouble.

Edited by MikeGNola
  • 2 weeks later...