Docker issues after upgrading to 6.9.2

14 minutes ago, trurl said:

Would have been better if you had asked for advice before doing anything.

Wholeheartedly agree with this.

15 minutes ago, trurl said:

Post new diagnostics since you mounted that original disk with Unassigned Devices and wait for further instructions.

Diagnostics posted. 

20 minutes ago, trurl said:

Do the contents of disk2 look OK after the rebuild?

Do you have backups of anything important and irreplaceable?

The contents of Disk 2 seem accessible the files I tried open. There are a couple empty folders that I'm not sure if they were empty on disk 2 before. Is there a better way to tell than just randomly opening files that are present to see if they work?

I don't have great backups. A lot is backed up on the cloud, but there are some personal photos and videos that I would be pretty sad to lose. 

mongo-diagnostics-20210727-1707.zip

1 hour ago, cypres0099 said:

some personal photos and videos that I would be pretty sad to lose. 

First priority would be to copy these somewhere.

According to those diagnostics Unraid considers disk1 to have been replaced so if you start the array it is going to rebuild it.

The last screenshot you posted had 9RHY1BUC assigned as disk1 and it was disabled.

These diagnostics show 9RHY1BUC Unassigned and 9RHWXDWC replacing it as disk1.

Can you tell us what you did between that screenshot and these diagnostics?

14 minutes ago, trurl said:

First priority would be to copy these somewhere.

According to those diagnostics Unraid considers disk1 to have been replaced so if you start the array it is going to rebuild it.

The last screenshot you posted had 9RHY1BUC assigned as disk1 and it was disabled.

These diagnostics show 9RHY1BUC Unassigned and 9RHWXDWC replacing it as disk1.

Can you tell us what you did between that screenshot and these diagnostics?

When you say copy those files somewhere, you mean you think they are fully intact somewhere? Which drive(s) are at biggest risk here? Just disk 2 or more?

Between the diagnostic and that screen shot I stopped the array, turned off the external hard drive (9RHWXDWC ), rebooted, and then turned the external hard drive back on. 

3 minutes ago, trurl said:

How did that external disk get assigned as disk1?

That I don't know. I never assigned it manually. All I did was plug it in and turn it on and it showed up in unassigned. Initially I think it gave me the option to mount, but when I refreshed the page it had changed to unmount. 

The diagnostics you posted 3 hours ago in this post:

are 5 and a half hours old and you have rebooted since then.

I reviewed the thread and I see those diagnostics are actually older than the diagnostics you posted 4 hours ago here:

That is why I was having a problem understanding your current situation.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, cypres0099 said:

When you say copy those files somewhere, you mean you think they are fully intact somewhere?

Do you know which user shares those files are in? You should be able to see them since all disks are mounted (disk1 is disabled but the emulated disk1 is mounted).

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, trurl said:

I reviewed the thread and I see those diagnostics are actually older than the diagnostics you posted 4 hours ago here:

Hmmmm, I don't understand that. Each time I post diagnostics I go to tools > diagnostics > download. And then upload that file. I assumed that would give me the most recent diagnostics.

25 minutes ago, trurl said:

Do you know which user shares those files are in? You should be able to see them since all disks are mounted (disk1 is disabled but the emulated disk1 is mounted).

Many of my user shares span multiple disks, so there are folders for the shares stored on several of the disks, but some of them are empty (I think this might be normal?). The contents of the emulated disk 1 and the old drive that I thought was damaged (but actually isn't) match pretty well, so it seems like I have all the files on disk 1 safe in parity or on the copy of disk 1. 

I'm not really sure about disk 2.

If everything is safe on disk 2, then I should be able to go ahead and rebuild disk 1 and everything is good, right?

If everything is not safe on disk 2, then trying to rebuild disk 1 could fail and I could lose both disk 1 and disk 2 contents. Am I thinking about that correctly?

Looks like you have filesystem corruption on both disk1 and disk2 so they have been mounted read-only:

Jul 27 19:06:05 Mongo kernel: REISERFS warning: reiserfs-5090 is_tree_node: node level 57074 does not match to the expected one 2
Jul 27 19:06:05 Mongo kernel: REISERFS error (device md1): vs-5150 search_by_key: invalid format found in block 3192265967. Fsck?
Jul 27 19:06:05 Mongo kernel: REISERFS (device md1): Remounting filesystem read-only
Jul 27 19:06:05 Mongo kernel: REISERFS error (device md1): vs-13070 reiserfs_read_locked_inode: i/o failure occurred trying to find stat data of [2700 226491 0x0 SD]
Jul 27 19:06:07 Mongo kernel: REISERFS error (device md2): vs-4080 _reiserfs_free_block: block 741669133: bit already cleared
Jul 27 19:06:07 Mongo kernel: REISERFS (device md2): Remounting filesystem read-only

No indication of the connection problems you had earlier that might have caused all this.

Disk1, Disk2, and Unassigned (original disk1) SMART all looks good though none have had SMART tests.

Check filesystems on disk1 and disk2:

https://wiki.unraid.net/Manual/Storage_Management#Running_the_Test_using_the_webGui

• Like 1
4 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Didn't read everything , but the rebuilt disk2 will be mostly corrupt. if you still have the old one don't wipe it, is disk1 the old disk or was also replaced?

Disk 2 was rebuilt with the same disk that was reading disabled. Disk 1 is a new disk and I have the old Disk 1 that appears to be functioning ok. 

Running the check that @trurl suggested now.

Let's just take it one disk at a time with the filesystem checks and see what each looks like in turn.

Could be original disk1 is actually in the best condition, but whether or not it could be used to retry a rebuild of disk2 is unclear. Probably too many other things have happened to parity since then.

• Like 1

I ran the check on both disk 1 and disk 2 and they both froze with this information. The check still said running, but nothing happened for 5 or 10 min. 

Disk 1

reiserfsck 3.6.27

Will read-only check consistency of the filesystem on /dev/md1
Will put log info to 'stdout'
###########
reiserfsck --check started at Wed Jul 28 07:24:49 2021
###########
Replaying journal: Trans replayed: mountid 354, transid 135796, desc 6223, len 1, commit 6225, next trans offset 6208

Replaying journal: |=                                       |  1.4%  1 trans
Trans replayed: mountid 354, transid 135797, desc 6226, len 1, commit 6228, next trans offset 6211

Replaying journal: |=                                       /  2.7%  2 trans
Trans replayed: mountid 354, transid 135798, desc 6229, len 1, commit 6231, next trans offset 6214

Replaying journal: |==                                      -  4.1%  3 trans
Trans replayed: mountid 354, transid 135799, desc 6232, len 1, commit 6234, next trans offset 6217

Replaying journal: |==                                      \  5.5%  4 trans
Trans replayed: mountid 354, transid 135800, desc 6235, len 7, commit 6243, next trans offset 6226

Replaying journal: |===                                     |  6.8%  5 trans
Trans replayed: mountid 354, transid 135801, desc 6244, len 18, commit 6263, next trans offset 6246

Replaying journal: |===                                     /  8.2%  6 trans
Trans replayed: mountid 354, transid 135802, desc 6264, len 19, commit 6284, next trans offset 6267

Replaying journal: |====                                    -  9.6%  7 trans

Replaying journal: Done.
Reiserfs journal '/dev/md1' in blocks [18..8211]: 7 transactions replayed

Disk 2

reiserfsck 3.6.27

Will read-only check consistency of the filesystem on /dev/md2
###########
reiserfsck --check started at Wed Jul 28 07:25:35 2021
###########
Replaying journal: Trans replayed: mountid 350, transid 90375, desc 7641, len 1, commit 7643, next trans offset 7626

Replaying journal: |                                        |  0.4%  1 trans
Trans replayed: mountid 350, transid 90376, desc 7644, len 1, commit 7646, next trans offset 7629

Replaying journal: |                                        /  0.8%  2 trans
Trans replayed: mountid 350, transid 90377, desc 7647, len 1, commit 7649, next trans offset 7632

Replaying journal: |=                                       -  1.3%  3 trans
Trans replayed: mountid 350, transid 90378, desc 7650, len 1, commit 7652, next trans offset 7635

Replaying journal: |=                                       \  1.7%  4 trans

Reiserfs journal '/dev/md2' in blocks [18..8211]: 4 transactions replayed

Canceled and tried to run again on disk 1 and this is what I got

reiserfsck 3.6.27

Will read-only check consistency of the filesystem on /dev/md1
###########
reiserfsck --check started at Wed Jul 28 07:42:31 2021
###########
Replaying journal: 
Reiserfs journal '/dev/md1' in blocks [18..8211]: 0 transactions replayed