[Request] TarTube GUI docker container?

Kodi is my media manager of choice, it has options to split the videos out by folder (and thus channel), not "officially" organized but it works ok. Also will just use windows explorer in some cases.

Agreed the censoring has gotten out of hand, and I tend to go in spurts of video watching every week or 2 so I miss a fair amount without downloading lol.

3 hours ago, TexasUnraid said:

Kodi is my media manager of choice, it has options to split the videos out by folder (and thus channel), not "officially" organized but it works ok. Also will just use windows explorer in some cases.

Agreed the censoring has gotten out of hand, and I tend to go in spurts of video watching every week or 2 so I miss a fair amount without downloading lol.

I am a Kodi guy as well. When you add the new library, what category do you use? I see that NFO’s are created. I am really liking this whole thing. Thanks.

6 hours ago, hernandito said:

I am a Kodi guy as well. When you add the new library, what category do you use? I see that NFO’s are created. I am really liking this whole thing. Thanks.

I forgot how I set it up to be honest I did most of the setup ~4-5 years ago. My kodi box is currently down due to moving things around.

It is not in the normal videos/shows section though. Seems like it has an option for youtube videos or maybe I created that folder a long time ago. I forgot lol.

I know on my dashboard it is near the bottom of the options and I have it setup with youtube > channels > videos IIRC. It then lists the videos from the youtube titles (also the file name title) and like you said the NFO feeds in the video description on the video that have it, I have changed how I download them a few times so not all of them do.

The plot thickens.

I spun up an ubuntu VM and installed tartube, Started a sync and a half hour later, the server locked up just like before.

It was using the virtio share from unraid to access the files as SMB does not seem to work well.

I have no idea how it is possible for it to cause these crashes inside both a VM and docker?

Guess it is time to try tubesync. Does anyone know if it has the Ability to use a proxy/vpn so that my main IP does not get throttled?

Edit: Installed tubesync, really liking it so far, doing some test downloads now.

Just need to figure out the VPN/proxy issue as it tends to get throttled when checking as many channels as I have and it is really annoying if it is your main IP.

Edited by TexasUnraid
15 hours ago, TexasUnraid said:

Just need to figure out the VPN/proxy issue as it tends to get throttled when checking as many channels as I have and it is really annoying if it is your main IP.

Check out my OpenVPN-Client container, you can route every traffic you want through this container while beeing connected to a VPN.

How to do it is in the description.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I am seriously confused at this point.

Server has been running great since I stopped using tartube. I have been using tubesync and just playing with it so far, downloaded 2 channels over the last few weeks and no crashes.

Then a few hours ago I added 6 more channels to download and the server crashed AGAIN now!

How in the heck is this possible? How can downloading youtube videos cause the whole system to freak out with a kernel panic no matter how it is done?

Docker, VM, it doesn't matter. It always seems to get some kind of sync error kernel panic.

The actual share setup is really basic, I have a share dedicated to youtube videos and set to only use 1 disk on the array and not to use cache. Basically as simple as it gets. I even have the docker mapped directly to the disk so it doesn't use the user share.

If only SMB performance was not so abysmally bad with unraid/linux I could use another system or a windows VM to isolate the issues hopefully.

Edited by TexasUnraid
  • 2 weeks later...