Telegram notifications not working as expected

Go to solution Solved by ijuarez,

I enabled and setup the telegram notification option and the test button successfully delivers a message. However, I am not getting any notifications beyond the test notification delivered. I still get the web UI popup notifications.

Toward the top of the settings page, all options (Unraid OS, Notices, Warnings, Alerts) are selected to deliver via Browser, Email, and Agents. (I assume telegrame is an agent in this case?).

What else do I have to do to get notifications delivered via telegram?

Cross posted from reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/unRAID/comments/oralp9/notifications_not_working_as_expected?sort=confidence

On the notification setting page hit help in the top corner it show as the “?”.  It will give you the instruction how to setup telegram app using botfather. Check the agents box for any of the notifications you want sent near the top of the notifications settings page. 

Edited by Gragorg

Thanks for the reply! I did follow those instructions and successfully got the test notification working. My problem is that although the test is working, no other notifications are being sent to telegram.

All agents boxes are checked at the top.

Edited by BKS
  • 5 months later...
On 7/26/2021 at 1:41 PM, BKS said:

Thanks for the reply! I did follow those instructions and successfully got the test notification working. My problem is that although the test is working, no other notifications are being sent to telegram.

All agents boxes are checked at the top.

Did you ever get a solution for this? This is the exact issue I am having. I have the bot set up, tests working no issues, email notifications coming in as expected but no bot updates except for when I run a test

1 minute ago, Ethnod said:

Did you ever get a solution for this? This is the exact issue I am having. I have the bot set up, tests working no issues, email notifications coming in as expected but no bot updates except for when I run a test

No, never did get it working. I'd love to hear a solution if you figure it out!

18 minutes ago, ijuarez said:

when you got the test notify did you reply to it.

You have to reply in order to activate it, crazy but it works.

Thank you, will let you know tomorrow if that works. I just typed something in the bot chat window and I also replied directly to one of the test, hopefully covering both possibilities

11 hours ago, ijuarez said:

when you got the test notify did you reply to it.

You have to reply in order to activate it, crazy but it works.

That did it for me, thank you.

This should probably be in the documentation somewhere (unless it already is an I'm just missing it).

1 hour ago, BKS said:

I think the order needs changed. I did message the bot prior to testing. It appears the message needs to be sent after the bot sends an initial message to the client.

Agreed, same issue for myself. Rewording and a change in order possibly should be made. Just happy its working now

• 1 month later...

Hey, I'm a new Unraid user, just wanna know where you got the instructions to set up Telegram in the first place? Is it a plugin, a docker (still not entirely sure what that is), do I have to run it in a VM? Just wanna know where to start. Very interested in where the link to set all this up is located. Thanks!