[SOLVED] create isolated network from host and other vm´s/dockers

Hi,

After reading the wiki:

The private bridge (virbr0) is automatically configured when libvirt starts.

The private bridge generates an internal DHCP server/address pool to create IPs for VMs automatically, but the VMs will be on a subnet that cannot be accessed by other devices or even other services on Unraid. This type of bridge is ideal if you want your VM to be completely isolated from all other network services except internet access and the host's network file sharing protocols

I need to confim if it is possible to do this:

-create a virbr1 that is isolated from virbr0?

-setup virbr1 so that it is completely isolated from the host? What would I need for this scenario: a second nic that could be isolated from the host? How should I approach this setup?

Rgds

Edited by luca2
solved
On 7/28/2021 at 12:15 PM, luca2 said:

Hi,

After reading the wiki:

I need to confim if it is possible to do this:

-create a virbr1 that is isolated from virbr0?

-setup virbr1 so that it is completely isolated from the host? What would I need for this scenario: a second nic that could be isolated from the host? How should I approach this setup?

Rgds

I responf to myself:

1) yes, creating a virbr1 can be done

2) virbr1 is completely isolated from the host + shares + dockers & vms (running in br0 and any other virbr)

• luca2 changed the title to [SOLVED] create isolated network from host and other vm´s/dockers