Migrate to Unraid

You need at least one spare drive as all drives in the UnRaid array need to be partitioned/formatted by Unraid. 

unassigned Devices might help with the copying of data onto the array but it does not avoid the need for the getting a drive into the UnRaid array before copying any data over.

2 hours ago, Johns6977 said:

So I have to format another blank 4gb disk to migrate my data over? 

You do need a blank disk to format for use in the array  BUT it needs to only be large enough to hold all of the data on one your two existing data disks.  In other words, if one of those disks has only 1.9TB of data on it, you could get a 2TB disk as the first data disk for your array.  Copy all of the data from the old disk to the new one.  

You do realize that you are going to need a 4TB Parity disk if you are wanting to use the data recovery option of Unraid?  I would like to suggest that you buy a new 4TB drive and move the data over using it.  When the data on the second OMV data drive has been copied over to the Unraid array, use that drive as your Parity drive.

Edited by Frank1940