[Support] Fotosho

I've been looking for something like this. I managed to get it running, added photos, but there's no albums. It shows all photos in the Photos tab. No sub sections or albums for directories. And I can't find a way to add albums manually. The github page has no documentation.

Edit: Nevermind, I found where to add albums. It's when you click pen icon on a photo. It's just that I have 5000 photos. I'm not gonna add them to an album one by one.

Sorry for the late reply, I need to see about getting email notifications for the forum (update: just saw the big follow button).

To answer your question, you can select many photos at once and add them to an album. Click the little circle in the top left of the thumbnail, select as many as you want, then in the top right of the page there is an add to album button.

I still have it listed as in beta because like you mentioned, the documentation and some features are lacking. I was looking for some feedback as well first.

Edited by advplyr
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • advplyr changed the title to [Support] Fotosho
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

Simple, yet great job !

As for @lsaranto, I don't want to have to create all my albums manually, as my photos (~30.000) already are in folders and subfolders which represent my actual albums.

As for enhancements, here's what I see for now :

• Create/update/remove albums to reflect the photos folder tree ? I really think this is a must have
  • Add the ability to create dynamic albums would be really great (ex: album '2020' would list all photos where Birthtime is between 01/01/2020 and 12/31/2020)
  • Choose to land automatically on the Albums tab instead of the Photos tab when accessing Fotosho

Thanks !

• 1 month later...
On 11/29/2021 at 8:01 PM, unburt said:

Thanks. What does the icon in the bottom right do?

Green icon means you are seeing the image fotosho compressed. Click it to change to orange which is your original untouched image.

If the image is over 800px in height it will be reduced to 800px height and is converted to webp, so the file size difference can be 100x smaller or more if you have raw camera images.