(SOLVED) (workaround) possible to make clrmamepro usable with unraid?

So a while ago I moved my rom collections to unraid but now I'm trying to scan them to update them but clrmamepro just gets stuck on most files over and over, there is no network transfer or disk reading in unraid besides 100KiB or less every 5-15 seconds.

the problem only comes up when scanning the files on unraid from any other computer. I tested scanning the files on computer1 from an unraid vm and it works, I tried scanning the files on computer1 from computer2 and it works, the speed isn't great but it works(1-10mb/s) and it finishes the scans.

I already tried all optimizations that I could find for samba, I don't think any made a difference.

I also tried uninstalling plugins.

Is there any fix for this or something else I can try?

Edited by danielocdh

I ended up using an ubuntu docker image with wine(to run clrmamepro), I had to map every disk to one folder in the docker (/mnt/disk1/emu, /mnt/disk2/emu, ... instead of single /mnt/user/emu)

The downsides of this method I have seen so far are:

- I'm getting warnings about some sets: "Set exists in various rompaths", probably could be fixed by manually moving files to the same disk

- created/moved files are owned by root with permissions 644, I'm using chmod/chown on unraid terminal to fix this for now

As for the speed, scanning seems normal(for multiple rom paths) but I'm guessing the writing/fixing could be slower because of parity

I tried to use the same docker but with /mnt/user/emu mapped, it seemed like it didn't freeze but the speed was slower.

I used the default options for clrmamepro except that I unchecked: Scanner->Advanced->Deeper check for fixable missing files, it might work with that option checked but it takes longer and I didn't need it.

• Like 1
  • danielocdh changed the title to (SOLVED) (workaround) possible to make clrmamepro usable with unraid?