[SUPPORT] Uptime Kuma - CorneliousJD Repo

Uptime Kuma is a status monitor, similar to Uptime Robot that supports multiple notifications systems.

Docker is based off official container, very simple and easy to use! 

If you have issues with the software, please contact dev on his github page here

https://github.com/louislam/uptime-kuma

Post here if your issue is specific to unraid setup/docker implementation for Uptime Kuma.

• Thanks 1
21 hours ago, LTM said:

Is anyone able to confirm if this will check for a valid SSL certificate? Sometimes, my cron job doesn't fire correctly to renew my certificate and I want to be able to be notified if the certificate becomes invalid.

Thanks.

Currently (info gotten from GitHub) is that it only passes on a VALID SSL cert, and if it's a self-signed or epxired cert it will fail the check, so for now it's checking validity.

The dev did mention he plans to add a toggle to ignore invalid certs though in the future too.

1 minute ago, Jamaica1985 said:

Hi for some reason I am not able to monitor mi PiHole docker with its own IP address on Br0 is this expected. If so, is there something that can be done?

You need to turn on communication between docker host and macvlan networks to allow the to communicate. 

Try turning off docker engine in settings then the option to turn that on should be there, then enable docker engine again. 

7 minutes ago, CorneliousJD said:

You need to turn on communication between docker host and macvlan networks to allow the to communicate. 

Try turning off docker engine in settings then the option to turn that on should be there, then enable docker engine again. 

As a matter of fact it is enabled and was actually the first thing I checked out: 

Host access to custom networks: Enabled

Still no go.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Edited by Jamaica1985
Adding screenshots
1 hour ago, Jamaica1985 said:

As a matter of fact it is enabled and was actually the first thing I checked out: 

Host access to custom networks: Enabled

Still no go.

I have a similar br0 PiHole setup, just tested and working for me to ping from Uptime Kuma, so I'm not sure what issue you'd be running into.

From the command line of unraid server, are you able to ping 10.0.0.254 successfully? 

4 minutes ago, Jamaica1985 said:

Unfortunately I am not able to ping the host from the command line either. I can ping the host fine from other devices in the network though. It is really odd

That is odd, I'm not sure exaclty how to help with that off hand, I CAN ping my PiHole br0 IP address from my unraid command line.

Only difference between our setups is my PiHole is on a br0.10 (VLAN 10). 

Might be a good opportunity to start a thread in general unraid support and bring up that you have a custom br0 docker container and the unraid command line is unable to ping it - I'm sure someone can help point you in the right direction.

Once you have that resolved, the UptimeKuma ping to your Pihole br0 docker should work successfully :)

9 minutes ago, CorneliousJD said:

That is odd, I'm not sure exaclty how to help with that off hand, I CAN ping my PiHole br0 IP address from my unraid command line.

Only difference between our setups is my PiHole is on a br0.10 (VLAN 10). 

Might be a good opportunity to start a thread in general unraid support and bring up that you have a custom br0 docker container and the unraid command line is unable to ping it - I'm sure someone can help point you in the right direction.

Once you have that resolved, the UptimeKuma ping to your Pihole br0 docker should work successfully :)

Great idea, I´ll go ahead and do that. Other than this particular issue I have this app is awesome, just what I was looking for. Also it is great that notifications can be sent through telegram. This really helps me as often I am away and do not have the time to continue monitor it :) Thanks again for your assistance

2 minutes ago, Jamaica1985 said:

Great idea, I´ll go ahead and do that. Other than this particular issue I have this app is awesome, just what I was looking for. Also it is great that notifications can be sent through telegram. This really helps me as often I am away and do not have the time to continue monitor it :) Thanks again for your assistance

I do have an idea, have you ever experienced a crash of the system since upgrading unraid to 6.9.X? 

If so I had an issue (currently logged as a bug w/ limetech already) where after a crash, my host access to custom docker network would stop working (despite showing enabled).

I had to stop docker enlgine, turn the acces off, save, and turn it back on, save, and then start docker engine again for it to actually work. 

I'd say it's worth a shot! 

If that does fix it, you'll need to remember to do the same thing after any other crashes.

I was able to personally avoid any furhter crashes by moving from br0 to br0.10 (putting it on a VLAN)

For more info on the crashes/vlan issue, see here: 

45 minutes ago, CorneliousJD said:

I do have an idea, have you ever experienced a crash of the system since upgrading unraid to 6.9.X? 

If so I had an issue (currently logged as a bug w/ limetech already) where after a crash, my host access to custom docker network would stop working (despite showing enabled).

I had to stop docker enlgine, turn the acces off, save, and turn it back on, save, and then start docker engine again for it to actually work. 

I'd say it's worth a shot! 

If that does fix it, you'll need to remember to do the same thing after any other crashes.

I was able to personally avoid any furhter crashes by moving from br0 to br0.10 (putting it on a VLAN)

For more info on the crashes/vlan issue, see here: 

That Did the trick CorneliousJD!! That is a wierd bug... I never experiences a crash though, maybe something happened me not knowing about it. Thanks so much again!

1 minute ago, Jamaica1985 said:

That Did the trick CorneliousJD!! That is a wierd bug... I never experiences a crash though, maybe something happened me not knowing about it. Thanks so much again!

Excellent, glad to hear it! I have had weird bugs since 9.6 and that was one of them. Implemetning VLANs though for my custom IP containers fixed everything. I had the necessary hardware to support VLANs already so it wasn't a big deal for me to change.

Glad it's working now though, enjoy! 

• Like 1

Has anybody got Uptime Kuma to work with rtorrentvpn?? It seems impossible to get it to work. I have ten other dockers working fine. I tried all the ports baked into rtorrentvpn container and then I also opened new ports to try and see if that works but it did not.

Curious if anybody got binhex-rtorrentvpn to work with uptime kuma?

41 minutes ago, blaine07 said:

Ok, been fiddling with it all evening…

Can someone share their redacted SWAG proxy conf file for using this with reverse proxy? Tried to modify sample provided on GitHub to no avail.

I don't use SWAG because of this, I have had so many issues with apps not working behind it without extensive confirutation changes.

I have UptimeKuma running in NPM (NGINX Proxy Manager) without any additional changes or config for what its worth... Works great!

I don't use SWAG because of this, I have had so many issues with apps not working behind it without extensive confirutation changes.

I have UptimeKuma running in NPM (NGINX Proxy Manager) without any additional changes or config for what its worth... Works great!

I have a convoluted mess over here; doing some split DNS with HAPROXY on pfSense and Swag is a part of my disaster currently lol. I need to simplify everything. Maybe this is the que

All I can manage to get is 403 error. 

FWIW here is my proxy CONF file. Hastaged stuff is just different ways I was trying things. Not sure what to but UGGGHHH lol

server {
    listen 443 ssl http2;

server_name up.WAFFLES.NET;

include /config/nginx/ssl.conf;

#ssl_certificate /config/keys/cert.crt;
    #ssl_certificate_key /config/keys/cert.key;

location / {
        include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
        resolver 127.0.0.11 valid=30s;
        proxy_set_header   X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
        proxy_set_header   X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
        set $upstream_UptimeKuma UptimeKuma;
        #set $upstream_host 192.168.1.5;
        #set $upstream_port 3001;
        #set $upstream_proto https;
        proxy_pass http://192.168.1.5:3001;
        #proxy_pass $upstream_proto://$upstream_host:$upstream_port;
        proxy_http_version 1.1;
        proxy_set_header Range $http_range;
        proxy_set_header If-Range $http_if_range;
        proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
        proxy_set_header Connection "upgrade";
     }
}

Any ideas; any at all? Have tried forwarding as HTTP and HTTPS to no avail. 

Edited by blaine07
On 8/2/2021 at 9:22 PM, ritty said:

Has anybody got Uptime Kuma to work with rtorrentvpn?? It seems impossible to get it to work. I have ten other dockers working fine. I tried all the ports baked into rtorrentvpn container and then I also opened new ports to try and see if that works but it did not.

Curious if anybody got binhex-rtorrentvpn to work with uptime kuma?

anybody have any recommendations for rtorrentvpn??

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, MarekNosek said:

Hi,

I have installed Uptime Kuma couple weeks ago. 

It randomly gets "unhealthy" label and becomes unreachable. Sometimes after 2 hours, sometimes in a week. 

Any ideas what this could cause ? Any tips welcomed. 

Odd, mine has been running just fine for over 3 months with no issues.

FYI you can disable those healthchecks by adding

--no-healthcheck

Into the "extra paramters" of the container under advanced, which will prevent it from reporting health checks, but I don't think that's your issue.

Have you checked logs to see if you can determine why it crashed?