Thoughts on a better set up

Hello - 

I was wondering if someone can give me a tip/idea.   The way I have my 6.9 set up.  I have transmission set up to download to an unassigned device because I have to keep it on so I can get credit for seeding.  I tried putting it on the actual shares but I didn't like that it kept the whole system "awake".  Obviously the unassigned device is a bit untenable because I'm running out of space.  Should I go with a cache pool?  or should I go back to the server and keep the downloads share focused on a drive. thoughts?  

It really depends on the storage requirements and the amount of time you will be seeding. My current setup uses 2 x 512GB nvme for cache and that takes care of the active downloads pretty well to reduce wear and the mover is going to push that data to the array. If your high water is set up ok, there should only be a couple of drives that are accessed until you hit your seed ratio. But if hitting the seed ratio taking too long then the files could be spread all across the array. 

Not sure there is a single solution that is going to work perfectly. You could force your downloads share onto a couple of disks dedicated for downloads in the array? Just thinking out loud.

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Tristankin said:

Not sure there is a single solution that is going to work perfectly. You could force your downloads share onto a couple of disks dedicated for downloads in the array? Just thinking out loud.

Yeah I've never hit my seed max and I get "credit" for it being "available" to download.   I thought about the above as well as I was typing and may give it a shot.  I'm already seeding close to 3TB of files.  I was just thinking about cache pools since it can be added to but it may be better going back to the array.  Thanks Tristankin

• Like 1