GUI not load...Array is starting but taking a long time

Hey guys, I’m having a problem with my unraid server. I added another cache drive last night after finally getting my other one to show back up and booted the server up and it was stuck starting the array for a while. I shut it down and removed the second cache drive and booted back up, now the GUI won’t load. I can ping the IP but even on the console, the GUI doesn’t load. Any ideas on how to fix this?

EDIT: the gui finally loaded, but is starting the array, its been sitting there for a bit. I do see the cache drive is completely full. Do I need to clear it out?

Edited by Parzival_PRO
  • Parzival_PRO changed the title to GUI not load...Array is starting but taking a long time
2 minutes ago, Squid said:

There's probably a ton of errors relating to the full drive (I'm assuming it's btrfs)  You can always post your diagnostics.

I'll post the diagnostics here shortly, as soon as it lets me get to it. When the GUI is working, it is really slow, and keeps going from responsive to unresponsive. Give me a few mins and I'll post it. Thanks!

Reseat the cabling to the cache drive (power and sata).  It dropped offline in the those diagnostics.

The can't create /boot/logs implies that either you pulled the flash drive out or it also dropped offline.  Reseat it (if it's a continuing problem, try a different port, ideally USB2)

Either one of these will cause the issues you're seeing.  

Ultimately your only recourse is a power down.  Try at the terminal

powerdown

To see if it can gracefully shut itself off.  Otherwise do a hard shutdown.

Thanks. I booted into Safe Mode while I was waiting on your reply and I was able to run the diagnostics. Here it is. Earlier, I took the cache drive out and put it in my windows machine, but couldn't see any files, which it isn't formatted for windows, so I knew I probably wouldn't be able to see anything, but figured I would try. I was going to try and delete come stuff off the cache drive and free up some space. Right now, there is zero bytes free on it.

tower-diagnostics-20210731-1536.zip

9 minutes ago, Squid said:

[1/7] checking root items [2/7] checking extents [3/7] checking free space tree [4/7] checking fs roots [5/7] checking only csums items (without verifying data) [6/7] checking root refs [7/7] checking quota groups skipped (not enabled on this FS) Opening filesystem to check... Checking filesystem on /dev/sdb1 UUID: 3594b843-5bb0-41e9-bc0b-27444cb4e218 found 253503082496 bytes used, no error found total csum bytes: 225188500 total tree bytes: 361480192 total fs tree bytes: 64487424 total extent tree bytes: 25853952 btree space waste bytes: 57938359 file data blocks allocated: 278173122560 referenced 253071593472

This is what the "check" shows

I tried to mount the drive as an unassigned device, but I get this:

Jul 31 18:04:55 Tower kernel: BTRFS error (device sdl1): devid 2 uuid f714ffd2-7bbe-4e8b-bf2f-f6d3f95ed41d is missing
Jul 31 18:04:55 Tower kernel: BTRFS error (device sdl1): failed to read chunk tree: -2
Jul 31 18:04:55 Tower kernel: BTRFS error (device sdl1): open_ctree failed
Jul 31 18:04:55 Tower unassigned.devices: Mount of '/dev/sdl1' failed: 'mount: /mnt/disks/OCZ-VERTEX4_OCZ-8D9YG33K3FHS360Q: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdl1, missing codepage or helper program, or other error. '