Disk has been disabled some days ago, just noticed.

Hi, I just noticed one of the discs of the NAS is disabled with errors. It appears with an "x". I am not sure what to do. I downloaded the logs and the diagnostics. Not sure what to do with them though.

I upgraded unraid 37 days ago to the last version, from 6.8.3 to 6.9.2, the server has been up since then. Not really checking on it though. Disks are western digital Red. 

Intel i7 3930k

Intel Corporation DX79TO, Version AAG28805-402
Intel Corp., Version SIX7910J.86A.0650.2014.0307.0138
BIOS dated: Fri 07 Mar 2014 12:00:00 AM PST

The server is still running.

It does not show SMART  or reports.

Screen Shot 2021-08-01 at 00.40.47.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-01 at 00.40.30.png

tower-syslog-20210731-2102.zip tower-diagnostics-20210801-0014.zip

Edited by josemaria

Thank you. I will keep you posted.

It might have been the power cable or the SATA, or the controller. I stopped the array and then try to get some report from SMART. Somehow when I restarted once, the disk appeared unassigned. I tried to check the power and SATA cables, and then the computer would beep and give some issues. Since I recognized this problem—the beeping—from before and the motherboard is somewhat sometime between 2012-2013 I retired the motherboard, memory, and cpu (and I think it was in this computer where I lost a lot of data due to a disk failure which was new.... I decided to cut clean and stop wasting time). I retired the computer. Now the disk is rebuilding, it has been spinning somewhat around 2 years. Let see what happens. I thought it would start the disk without doing anything... is it always like... if it falls from the array, it is not possible to put it back without the "rebuilding"? It is somewhat scaring. I would have thought it you unassign it, and assign it back it would work. I need to understand a bit better this at some point, because I remember in the beginning i had some issue.

Thanks for the notifications! Yes, I need to set it up.  I also activated the spin down. I don't use it that much. I think I will start turning it off. I do have important data. I have a bare installation of unraid. I installed though the plugin for the Apps. I decreased the frequency of the parity checks for a month instead of weekly. 

I keep you posted what happened with the rebuild. It is still rebuilding... it takes 5-6 hours.

Edited by josemaria

Thank you.

The rebuilding finished, and it seems to be working now. I leave some files here.

I am kind of assuming that it was either the motherboard or the cables. I substituted the data cables, and the motherboard+proc+mem (since it gave me problems in the past and stopped posting).

JM

tower-smart-20210801-1716.zip tower-syslog-20210802-0016.zip tower-diagnostics-20210802-0315.zip