Unraid Random Hang and Parity Check after Reboot

Hi all,

I have been having issues with my server lately, where it randomly just hangs, which cause Unraid web-gui to be non responsive, no smb share, no docker. The only way to rectify  is to hit the reset button on my cpu. After reading over this forum, I had changed my C state settings in bios and also disabled VM Manager now. The issue is still persistent.

Also, just 2 days back, another weird issue has started to happen -  whenever I reboot the server, a parity check starts for no reason.

Can anyone help to look into my diagnostic data and suggest what to do?

tower-diagnostics-20210801-1150.zip

2 hours ago, hus2020 said:

Also, just 2 days back, another weird issue has started to happen -  whenever I reboot the server, a parity check starts for no reason

A parity check is expected if you the server froze and you had to use the power button to restart the server as you did not do a tidy shutdown.

if you are getting it when you use the reboot button from the GUI then that indicates something is stopping the array from being stopped cleanly.    

To get help with providing feedback you should set your set up your syslog to be persistent after a reboot so that you can provide the log covering a crash and also your systems diagnostic’s zip file (obtained via Tools->Diagnostics).

• 10 months later...