New Mobo, Unraid now won't boot SOLVED

Hi all, after moving house a while back my Unraid 6.1.9 setup refused to boot (it didn't even post, totally dead).  Some research later and it was a known fault with my mobo.  So I've replaced the mobo, cpu and ram.  It now posts and goes into BIOS fine, but won't boot from my Unraid USB (it boots from a new Kubuntu USB OK).  The BIOS lists Unraid as the only boot option but refuses to boot from it (my data drives are currently disconnected).

As far as I know nothing's changed with the contents of my Unraid USB (I hope).  Can someone give me help with what to try next?  Recreate Unraid on the existing USB and copy my config folder across?  Start with a new USB?  something else altogether? Thanks for your help.

Were you booting in legacy BIOS or UEFI with your previous board ?

What about your new board ? What is the exact model ?

If your flashdrive have a EFI- folder, you can try to rename it EFI (without the trailing - )

6.1.9 is quite old, so I don't know how it worked at the time, hopefully other users can suggest something.

Thanks for the quick response ChatNoir. I'm guessing I was booting in legacy BIOS.  Old Mobo was ASROCK rack c2750d4i.  The ASROCK product page for it doesn't mention UEFI anywhere.  New mobo is ASROCK B560 Mini-ITX.  My flashdrive doesn't have an EFI- folder.  I'm thinking upgrading my UnRaid is probably a good idea, but I'm not sure if I should do it now or after I've solved this problem.  Further guidance would be appreciated.

52 minutes ago, mimwdv said:

I'm thinking upgrading my UnRaid is probably a good idea, but I'm not sure if I should do it now or after I've solved this problem.  Further guidance would be appreciated.

I would agree. But I do not know if there are specific steps for upgrading from such an old version.

I think that users with more experience will be able to assist. :) 

OK, I found a solution, although it might have been a bit clunky. I'll put it here in case it helps someone else.   I'm pretty sure it was the uefi issue that got me. 

So to fix it I backed up my old  UnRaid USB stick onto my laptop, then used the install tool to install the current version of UnRaid onto my USB, and copied my licence key back into the config folder.  This meant a fresh start - I deliberately didn't attempt to copy over my old config settings.  They were a bit of a mess anyway.

After that I just added one of my old data drives to the array, plus a new bigger one and am currently using MC to move data from the old drive to the new.  I'll repeat until I've got all my data onto my new drives (I decided to just add one at a time, rather than risk screwing up multiple drives if I stuffed something up).  I'm aware I'm unprotected until I'm done and have added parity, but I can live with that.

• mimwdv changed the title to New Mobo, Unraid now won't boot SOLVED