[Support] Joshndroid's Docker Repo Support Thread

On 4/24/2022 at 10:54 AM, Joshndroid said:

Update 24/4/2022

Have added Cypht to my Repo.

I have been using Thunderbird in docker to try and keep everything central however it is a bit clunky.

I was searching around for an all in one IMAP webmail program.

A lot of them are tied to a single webserver which is not what I wanted.

There is only a docker compose for this and appears to bundle a mariadb in with it.

With this container I managed to decouple it from mariadb so that you can use your own... Which of course needs to be set up before you are able to use this one correctly.

I can't say I have had much time with this one

Just installed your cypht docker, thanks for the app!

Add accounts using manual smtp settings, because apparently quick add doesnt support 2fa.

All added accounts passed authentication by pressing test.

However, i cant seem to see any of my mails. under everything and unread, it all say: You don't have any data sources assigned to this page, and on the top right corner, it also displays: last 6 weeks-0 sources@100 each-0 total.

Log shows: An error occured when creating user "USERNAME"

and: CRIT Supervisor is running as root.  Privileges were not dropped because no user is specified in the config file.  If you intend to run as root, you can set user=root in the config file to avoid this message.

kindly advice what to do to fix it. Thanks in advance!

4 hours ago, kjames2001 said:

Just installed your cypht docker, thanks for the app!

Add accounts using manual smtp settings, because apparently quick add doesnt support 2fa.

All added accounts passed authentication by pressing test.

However, i cant seem to see any of my mails. under everything and unread, it all say: You don't have any data sources assigned to this page, and on the top right corner, it also displays: last 6 weeks-0 sources@100 each-0 total.

Log shows: An error occured when creating user "USERNAME"

and: CRIT Supervisor is running as root.  Privileges were not dropped because no user is specified in the config file.  If you intend to run as root, you can set user=root in the config file to avoid this message.

kindly advice what to do to fix it. Thanks in advance!

I think at this time I am going to remove this template.

I didn't dive enough and I think there are more issues with the docker, than with their manual install. It appears their docker is basically not up updated (the docker hub instance lists 1 year... and the associated believed docker github repo hasnt been updated in 3 years, whereas the program git was updated 2 days ago....

Those errors your seeing are more to do with the container than the template/docker program from what I understand and without forking the project and updating it I have a feeling i can't fix it with a few commands.

You are more than welcome to grab the template and have a play (or i can send you it)

I ended up over at Afterlogic Webmail Pro and paid for a license... It does everything I need (webmail and able to link further IMAP accounts) and worked 1st time for me.

• Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/26/2022 at 3:24 PM, Mlatx said:

Is there any way to send email invitations through baikal?

I entered my email address in field: Email invite sender address. It doesn't work.

My guess is that you would need to setup SMTP as well so it actually sends something.... Adding just an email wont do anything.

Just did a quick google and see this which within the comments, essentially says the same. https://github.com/sabre-io/Baikal/issues/1014

I set all my accounts up through the admin panel with the admin user so didn't bother with email invites. it took a few seconds to setup within the admin panel...

• 2 weeks later...

Invidious no longer working after updating the docker.

Have tried reinstalling it a bunch of times with no luck, when I open the logs on unraid they instantly crash, similar with the console:

Error response from daemon: container XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (long string of characters that I can't copy paste because it restarts/refreshes like 100 times a second) is restarting, wait until the container is running

Any ideas?

Edited by Brenzo
On 6/9/2022 at 6:35 AM, Brenzo said:

Invidious no longer working after updating the docker.

Have tried reinstalling it a bunch of times with no luck, when I open the logs on unraid they instantly crash, similar with the console:

Error response from daemon: container XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (long string of characters that I can't copy paste because it restarts/refreshes like 100 times a second) is restarting, wait until the container is running

Any ideas?

Honestly no real idea at this point.

I cant say I have the same issue (which is know sounds annoying when yours broke), as mines still working with no changes made since my last update about it here. Just updating when required, one of which was last night for me.

Is your postgres docker also in good health an running?

Is your cache drive in good health?...

The last time i had some weird docker issues when trying to update which would then fail and break my stuff was my cache drive was corrupted, going into read only mode and needed a full wipe/restore to work again.

Interesting side note RE Invidious Database

I see that within invidious they are using the latest postgres version/container (14)....

I have gone through and migrated my database/s from postgres 12.5 to 14 and all seems to be working well.

I used pgadmin4 container back up and restore the database (and others i had in there like nextcloud).

On 6/9/2022 at 11:25 PM, Joshndroid said:

Honestly no real idea at this point.

I cant say I have the same issue (which is know sounds annoying when yours broke), as mines still working with no changes made since my last update about it here. Just updating when required, one of which was last night for me.

Is your postgres docker also in good health an running?

Is your cache drive in good health?...

The last time i had some weird docker issues when trying to update which would then fail and break my stuff was my cache drive was corrupted, going into read only mode and needed a full wipe/restore to work again.

Can't see any issues with postgres atm but will have a deeper look, I read another forum story about a bad sata cable that corrupted a cache drive and lead to a similar problem as mine - constant restarting of dockers, but mine is so contained as just invidious.

Anyways I'll probably try to wipe and restore it as a hail mary. Thanks for your time!

Hi, 

I've been looking to self host invidious, but without success... I follow your guide but I cannot get past this error :

today at 18:21:15Container started

today at 18:20:14 from src/env/__libc_start_main.c:94:2 in 'libc_start_main_stage2'

today at 18:21:16Unhandled exception: Error opening file with mode 'r': 'config/sql/channels.sql': No such file or directory (File::NotFoundError)

today at 18:21:18 from /usr/share/crystal/src/crystal/system/unix/file.cr:11:7 in 'open'

today at 18:21:18 from /usr/share/crystal/src/file.cr:109:10 in 'read'

today at 18:21:18 from src/invidious/database/base.cr:60:20 in 'check_integrity'

today at 18:21:18 from src/invidious.cr:48:1 in '__crystal_main'

today at 18:21:18 from /usr/share/crystal/src/crystal/main.cr:115:5 in 'main'

today at 18:21:18 from src/env/__libc_start_main.c:94:2 in 'libc_start_main_stage2'

today at 18:21:16Container stopped

The container auto restart but do not succeed.

11 hours ago, Iaens said:

Hi, 

I've been looking to self host invidious, but without success... I follow your guide but I cannot get past this error :

The container auto restart but do not succeed.

Looks like you havn't set up your postgres container properly

today at 18:21:16Unhandled exception: Error opening file with mode 'r': 'config/sql/channels.sql': No such file or directory (File::NotFoundError)

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Invidious uses compose, we have to break them up into their component dockers, essentially.

Invidious as part of their process runs a few files to setup their postgres container inline, we have to do it manually. see here it uses these files located here which is where i got the giant list for the postgres setup from. They havn't been changed in 17 months so it would be safe to assume they are still the same.

Edited by Joshndroid

Thx for the reply. I have tried multiple versions of postgres, and I can't still figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I'm using Adminer to modify databases.

Here is what I do : I install the container with the user "kemal" and the password "" and the db name invidious. Then I create the structure using the sql commands you give in a block in page 1 of this thread. My understanding is that they are the same as the files on github.

I obtain this :Capture-d-cran-2022-06-15-084605.pngCapture-d-cran-2022-06-15-084428.png

And I don't know what to do after.

This still doesn't work. I've tried everything, the invidious dock connects to the db but idk why it cant open the files needed.

I've reinstalled postgres in all versions but none worked.

I've strictly followed the guide, so either the docker is borked or there is a problem with the instructions... Very frustrating.

On 6/16/2022 at 7:27 PM, Iaens said:

This still doesn't work. I've tried everything, the invidious dock connects to the db but idk why it cant open the files needed.

I've reinstalled postgres in all versions but none worked.

I've strictly followed the guide, so either the docker is borked or there is a problem with the instructions... Very frustrating.

I used the terminal commands to modify the postgres database when i first did it and on the subsequent 2 other times i remade the database for use across 2 different unraid boxes. I havn't had a necessity to redo it in a fairly long while.

The password needs to also be 'kemal' so its both the USER and PASSWORD. Its weird and picky as all buggery. But you can see this within the docker-compose on their github. They also state that the initial migrations are all based on the user... if your putting the password as nothing potentially your not getting it setup right from the beginning

I have used pgadmin4 in the community apps to work with my postgres container I have been able to setup users, backup/restore the specific invidious database just fine.

Currently the invidious is using postgres 13... with a look to move to 14. I have used it with 14 however based on some of their issues with 14 I jumped back to my previous 12.5 postgres installation.

I understand your frustration, however unless you can spot an actual error in the instructions its difficult for me to fix it as it is what worked for me and others on here up till your attempt. I had only been using unraid for a few months before getting this one to work. As you can see in this thread I have also taken in a lot from the community with fixes, suggestions, etc which I welcome.

I am trying to rebuild invidious after a server issue I had, its the last app I can't get running properly.

From unraid webUI if I open it I get:

{"status":"OK","version":{"major":2,"minor":9,"revision":18}}

If I go to the url that previously worked in NPM I get 502 Bad Gateway.

If I go to the invidious logs I get:

[production] Invidious is ready to lead at http://0.0.0.0:3000

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?  I really want to get this back up and running.

On 6/24/2022 at 11:59 PM, darkrom said:

I am trying to rebuild invidious after a server issue I had, its the last app I can't get running properly.

From unraid webUI if I open it I get:

{"status":"OK","version":{"major":2,"minor":9,"revision":18}}

If I go to the url that previously worked in NPM I get 502 Bad Gateway.

If I go to the invidious logs I get:

[production] Invidious is ready to lead at http://0.0.0.0:3000

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?  I really want to get this back up and running.

Maybe you could share your config.yml (with any sort of personal identifying information substituted out)??

What version of postgres are you trying to use? There has been issues with 14 at present, so i am currently using 12.5 for my invidious container (i believe the team is using 13 for their setup)

As a side note you could get the appdata backup/restore from community apps working and have it do a weekly backup or whatever to your hard disk of your /appdata folder. It has saved my bacon twice now... 1st time was user error and second time was a dead cache ssd.

Edited by Joshndroid
  • Like 1
On 6/28/2022 at 2:05 AM, Joshndroid said:

Maybe you could share your config.yml (with any sort of personal identifying information substituted out)??

What version of postgres are you trying to use? There has been issues with 14 at present, so i am currently using 12.5 for my invidious container (i believe the team is using 13 for their setup)

As a side note you could get the appdata backup/restore from community apps working and have it do a weekly backup or whatever to your hard disk of your /appdata folder. It has saved my bacon twice now... 1st time was user error and second time was a dead cache ssd.

I am using 12.5, I actually did restore the appdata using that, which makes it really confusing to me that its not working.  I have every other app working but this one.  I will have to poke around a little more but then I'll share my  redacted config.yml if I can't get it.

Thank you for this project by the way!  This is one of the absolutely essential containers for me.

On 7/1/2022 at 3:39 AM, jmztaylor said:

I am using Invidious and its working. The problem I am having is that when trying to register I am getting Erroneous token after the captcha.  Any ideas?

I just created a new user on my setup which worked, i got the clock captcha it did have in the hint that it was on H:MM:SS yet the time was 10.... which worked as expected.

I wasn't prompted for any sort of token, etc.

If invidious is working... i am curious if you check your logs are you having issues that mention anything about 'users' or 'useers.sql' or something... wondering if you had made a small mistake somewhere in setup of the container with the users bit.

On 7/1/2022 at 7:26 AM, darkrom said:

I am using 12.5, I actually did restore the appdata using that, which makes it really confusing to me that its not working.  I have every other app working but this one.  I will have to poke around a little more but then I'll share my  redacted config.yml if I can't get it.

Thank you for this project by the way!  This is one of the absolutely essential containers for me.

I would suggest that maybe if you cant get your backup to work... maybe shelf the container and spin up a new postgres with a different container name and see if that works out... yes its a tad more painful however if the appdata backup for that original container is borked for whatever reason that could be part of your issue.

Out of all the containers that i have got running since starting unraid journey, invidious was the hardest to get up and running by far with the mucking about required for the database however it has been the most stable for just setting and forgetting once I did get it working as expected.

• Like 1

I just created a new user on my setup which worked, i got the clock captcha it did have in the hint that it was on H:MM:SS yet the time was 10.... which worked as expected.

If invidious is working... i am curious if you check your logs are you having issues that mention anything about 'users' or 'useers.sql' or something... wondering if you had made a small mistake somewhere in setup of the container with the users bit.
Tried multiple times rebooting and nuking data before and just left it alone. Now magically it just worked. I tried it on mobile this time. Dunno if it was something wacky with my desktop browser or something. Odd
6 hours ago, jmztaylor said:
6 hours ago, Joshndroid said:

Tried multiple times rebooting and nuking data before and just left it alone. Now magically it just worked. I tried it on mobile this time. Dunno if it was something wacky with my desktop browser or something. Odd

The docker gods are pleased with the time sacrifice... Lol

Good to hear it worked tho, even through a couple nukes. Gives hope that my instructions are still working as intended :)

On 7/1/2022 at 10:11 PM, Joshndroid said:

I would suggest that maybe if you cant get your backup to work... maybe shelf the container and spin up a new postgres with a different container name and see if that works out... yes its a tad more painful however if the appdata backup for that original container is borked for whatever reason that could be part of your issue.

Out of all the containers that i have got running since starting unraid journey, invidious was the hardest to get up and running by far with the mucking about required for the database however it has been the most stable for just setting and forgetting once I did get it working as expected.

I'm going to nuke invidious and the database and set them up fresh.  It really was rock solid once it was up and running, and I did it once before so I can do it again.  Thanks!

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...