(SOLVED) Problems passing through 2nd GPU - VBIOS

HI all,

I've got a VM working well passing through a Nvidia k5000 card, works good enough that it has replaced my main PC.

I've been trying to get a second VM working, I've set it all up and have it working fine with VNC.

The VM is to run on our tv, for plex and photos and eventually zoom etc...

I got a GT710 card as it only takes up one slot space on my motherboard. 

I've followed the same instructions from Spaceinvader for passing through the GPU, (editing the vbios from tech powerup, adding a line in XML for multifunction and placing the graphics and sound on the same slot)

However, when i boot the VM i am clearly having some graphics issues, the display has lots of Horizontal lines over it, that makes it unusable.

I've tried the MSI GT710 V-bios <-- my card and i've also tried a zotec GT710 card Vbios, both have the same issue.

Motherboard is s2600CWR, and according to the manual I've plugged it into a PCIe x16 (CPU2) - i've even assigned cores from CPU 2 incase this improved it.

I've updated the drivers on the VM using the geforce experiance program.

I've plugged the card:

into a TV via HDMI

into a monitor using DVI,

both have the same result.

I'm now out of ideas,

can anyone offer suggestions?

thanks

Edited by Belcraig
  • Belcraig changed the title to (SOLVED) Problems passing through 2nd GPU - VBIOS