UNRIAD Setup, Is it suitable?

Hi peeps

I have aquired or already owned the following that i am cobbling together for a self build NAS to replace an old Thescus....

Xeon E5-2680v3 12c24t

ASUS X99-s Motherboard

32gb RAM

Fractal Design R5

Corsair CX750 750w PSU

3 x PERC H310 RAID controllers (These have been flashed toi IT Mode LSI 9211)
30 x 6TB SAS HDDs (Tested and working)

So i can get 16 drives into the case & 2/3 SSDs. What i want to do is setup unRAID with the drives & have a fast storage pool with the SSDs that i can run a couple of VMs on.....

Does that sound viable in unRAID & what file system should i use (they will be shares used by windows PCs)?

I have a 1060GTX spare i would like to install as i believe i can now pass the GPU through for the VM to use, can i do that with unRAID?

Any advice would be welocme

Edited by Mav359

What are you using 16 HDD or 30?  At 30 drives, you're really pushing the limits of the P/S since it can handle 62.5A on the 12V rail, and the drives probably have a startup current of 1.8 -> 2A each.  If you're using that supply and 30 drives, then you would have to disable spindown in Unraid and enable spinup groups in the HBAs so that you don't burn out the supply.