SOLVED Remotely accessing unraid

Edit: after following SpaceInvaderone’s video using WireGuard i completed the setup and when I remotely connected to a computer off my network and tried to access my network it gave me a direct connection to my homes router ip

which was super weird maybe im mixing two tutorials either way with WireGuard im able to type in the ip for my unraid server as if I was there and add it to my work network shares. 

Going on vacation soon and wanted to be able to deposit photos/videos so I don’t have to take a bunch of hard drives lol!

Thanks for reading and helping on this journey!

Hello all,

I've tried many many ways to try to remotely connect to my unraid server.

I've followed spaceinvaderones video's and i say video's because i've literally tried them all. 

OPENVPN

GUACAMOLE

I want to securely access my shares and files from say work, or on vacation to my home unraid server.

Is there a simpler way to connect to unraid outside of my home network say from my mac laptop easily? 

Maybe im just missing something not sure.

The guacamole one i just tried i cannot ssh into the server at all its really wierd. I can access a windows vm on my unraid server via guacamole but cannot access the ssh server.

Any help is appreciated.

Edited by Cor4eyh
38 minutes ago, Cor4eyh said:

I want to securely access my shares and files from say work, or on vacation to my home unraid server.

I use WireGuard which is built into unRAID.  Works great from multiple devices.

As backups I have OpenVPN and ZeroTier docker containers configured as well.  All do the job but I prefer WireGuard.

As I type this, I am on vacation with access to my server at home established through WireGuard.

Edited by Hoopster

I followed the WireGuard video by SpaceInvaderOne to the t. Got it up and running but when I try to enter my duckdns.org it takes me to my home’s unifi router. 

maybe I’m missing something else. 

I did the port forwards but it takes me to my unifi router lol. 

• Cor4eyh changed the title to SOLVED Remotely accessing unraid